Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, for the past month, I've been looking at the new cube as my first car. I've emailed dealers and read around these forums to be as knowledgeable as I can be, but now I think it's time I come and ask some questions directly as my purchase plan nears.

So here are my questions:
1. Would you say paying $400 extra for the 2010 S model with floor mats over the 2009 S model with interior design package is a smart decision? I don't really need the added features so I can't decide if I want to save the extra $400 or get the extra features.
2. What is the target price I should be aiming for for a cube? I have a $15801 offer for 2010 S and a $15455 for a 2009 S. Both are definitely under MSRP, but should I aim for something lower or should I be happy with these prices?

Any advice would be great.

·
2,084 Posts
If you are getting under MSPR you are doing good, especially for the 2010 as dealers are going to be trying to get rid of old stock.

As for options that is your call, I was looking at an S and found that a few hours drive got me a loaded SL for the same price as an S delivered so I moved up in package and love it. I thought the Auto AC and Push Button start were just stuff till i priced it out and how much I love it now.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! I started looking at the 2009 SL and it does seem really like the 2010 S, so maybe I can get the features I like for the price I want. I'm emailing dealers (online negotiations are so convenient and less pressured) to see what kind of offers they can throw at me :).

·
Registered
84 Posts
I used edmunds.com to get the best price. I paid invoice from a dealer ~50 miles away who had over stock (they had 12 Cubes on the lot).

That saves a lot of haggling time and forces the dealers to compete for your business.

·
Registered
464 Posts
May I ask are those OTD prices or before the taxes, lic. and other dealer cost? I paid $15,400 before dealer cost for a fully loaded S designer package, mud flaps. OTD was 16,400

·
Registered
929 Posts
I ended up paying about $21,000 for my Cube, so you are doing well! I'd get the 2010 model... it will be worth more at resale since it's a year newer (in the eyes of the public).

·
Registered
222 Posts
I picked up my 2010 SL with Preferred/Interior Designer/Illuminated Kickplates for $20,000 OTD.

If you don't care about the new features, then get a 2009. Personally, I'd buy the 2010. Little conveniences like steering wheel audio controls are nice to have.

·
Registered
657 Posts
TropicalCube said:
May I ask are those OTD prices or before the taxes, lic. and other dealer cost? I paid $15,400 before dealer cost for a fully loaded S designer package, mud flaps. OTD was 16,400
damm you got a good deal i only for a 1.8 and i paid more. my tax was over 10% tho.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I got my based model for ($1000 below invoice + $3500 for cash for clunker) $10,500 before ttl. This was back in July 09.
People including myself tend to think I got $3500 for free but the car I trade in was a 97 Q45 that is worth that amount or more and I have to pay tax for the $3500.

Atleast it saves me time to have to sell it myself and get me a chance to buy a new car. :)
If not this CFC program, I wouldn't have bought a Cube though. Would probably get an Accord or Altima.

·
Registered
657 Posts
miata007 said:
I got my based model for ($1000 below invoice + $3500 for cash for clunker) $10,500 before ttl. This was back in July 09.
People including myself tend to think I got $3500 for free but the car I trade in was a 97 Q45 that is worth that amount or more and I have to pay tax for the $3500.

Atleast it saves me time to have to sell it myself and get me a chance to buy a new car. :)
If not this CFC program, I wouldn't have bought a Cube though. Would probably get an Accord or Altima.

same here if it wasnt for the program i wouldnt have had my cube. i got 3500 for my 90 bmw i know its old but it was clean as hell.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I got my 09' 1.8S CVT transmission plus splash guards and interior designer package for $15,500 OTD. Would love to have SL with premium package though.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I walked out with a 2009 1.8 SL with what they call the Ginormous Pacakge at 19,300 I love it it has all the bells and whistles. I was told that the 2010 model was not that much different and it would've been a few extra bucks for the 2010 SL.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts