Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed these very cool BLUE LED lights in Tropical Cube (dome light, 2 of the 3 front overhead lights and the cargo area light. what can I say I like BLUE

Ordered them just a few days ago on ebay from iJDMTOY.com great selection, great prices and great quality aBIG thanks to them.

Tropical Cube

Attachments

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi there it's just a bulb replacement, make sure you turn ALL switches off and don't try to replace a bulb that has just been on they are VERY HOT and you can get burned. You may have to wiggle the wedge type bulb a little to remove them. LED's DO NOT EVER GET HOT the new LED's just push right in. IF they don't work turn then around to make proper contact. Post some photos one you get them in... 8)

·
Registered
84 Posts
I wasted $30 buying the Cube Blue Light kit from iJDMtoy. They are way too dim.

To make up for my mistake, I started spending more money. I'm up to $90 so far.

In the end (I hope) I used the two dim blue LEDS (from iJDMtoy) for the left and right map lights and replaced the center bulb with a bright 8 Blue-LED kit from Pep Boys ($20). I took Christine's recommendation and purchased the 12-LED white kit ($15 from Auto Zone) for the dome light. I will probably replace the dim blue LED cargo light (from iJDMtoy) with another 8 Blue-LED kit from Pep Boys.

BTW - the Pep Boys 8 Blue LED light is slightly brighter than the 12 White LED from Auto Zone.

Here are pictures of the iJDMtoy blue map lights, the 8 Blue LED kit (with 6 adapters), and two pictures of the 8 Blue LED kit installed.

·
Registered
19 Posts
ok, probably gonna get some $%%#$ on this but...
I got the kit from ijdmtoy, DID read the post and saw where it says turn off switches, and perhaps a wiggle...

I am the most unhandy person I know... and have been know to break things trying to fix them..

that said... I have messed with the map lights, and dome light, and none seemed to want to come out easy..

map... do I push up and wiggle?? pull down and wiggle?? a trick??

dome... just "roll" it out?? or, pop it out with a screwdriver???

thanks in advance.. for any advice

·
Registered
84 Posts
Just pull the map lights straight down; no twisting. I had to use a piece of fine sandpaper to get a better grip. I put the sandpaper between my fingers, pinched the bulbs, and pulled straight down.

The dome light drops out when you flex the one side (side over the passenger seat) of the metal holder.

·
Registered
19 Posts
ok, got both map lights changed... pulled out the dome...put in new one... and it would not light... tried turning it around.. perhaps I "sprong" the contacts?? old one went back fine tho

·
Registered
84 Posts
I removed the iJDMtoy blue LED bulb from the cargo area and replaced it with the 8 Blue LED light kit from Pep Boys. The circuit card fits perfectly in the area that holds the bulb; no need to use the double-sided tape.

The cargo area is now very well lit and super cool looking.

Here are pictures taken at night:

·
Registered
19 Posts
looks good!!! I got the one in the dome to go.. and... checked out laws here in FL, tag lights must be white.. so they arn't goin in...might get these for the cargo area tho..

·
Registered
84 Posts
I can't tell from the web site picture. The kit from Pep Boys is marked: "Pilot Automotive IP-078B Universal L.E.D. Interior Light"
The kit has a battery, test button (which you throw away), and five different adapters.

·
Registered
68 Posts
vfc said:
I removed the iJDMtoy blue LED bulb from the cargo area and replaced it with the 8 Blue LED light kit from Pep Boys. The circuit card fits perfectly in the area that holds the bulb; no need to use the double-sided tape.

The cargo area is now very well lit and super cool looking.
Ohhhhh.....yeeeeaaahhhh!

Man, that looks great. Downside is that then I'd hafta keep the cargo area cleaner so I could show it off.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts