Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, All!

The stock headlights on my 2014 Cube have always been a bit...anemic. So much so that I was beginning to wonder if my night sight was on the wane. :laugh: After putting up with this for a few years, I finally broke down and purchased an #9003 LED headlight upgrade on Amazon ($40). Based on some VERY limited testing this evening, I am happy with the results thus far - being able to see further down the road without blinding oncoming traffic (at least based on the lack of flashing hi/low beams).

One question, though....do I need to modify the lamp housing rubber boot to enable the heat sink to allow it to fit in the boot (seems a bad idea since the boot is intended to protect the bulb from water intrusion) or leave the boot off (which seems even more problematic)? Any assistance is GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks!
Angie

·
Registered
13 Posts
A person's night vision does start to diminish in their 20's. it get's gradually worse from there.
At work someone bought a pile of LED headlights from Amazon to replace the H4656 sealed beams in the Kenworths. $20 ea. I did some research and found that any headlight that conforms to FMVSS standards (USA) will have "DOT" on the lens. These don't have that. The brand name lights, Grote and Trucklite, are $160 ea. There is a big difference in the quality.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I agree with the comments above. Too often I see people replace their OEM bulbs with LEDs only to find out that they look good but do not have the DOT certification. I have heard of some nit-picky inspection stations failing cars for LEDs. Just a heads up

1 - 4 of 4 Posts