Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner

Leather interior in a Cube S

8K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  SciFi 
#1 ·
We just saw a new Cube S in Steel Grey with Gunmetal wheels at Serramonte Nissan in Colma, CA (a few minutes south of San Francisco) - when we saw it yesterday (8/22/09), it was still available. We were surprised to see a leather interior when we opened the door. They used someone local to reupholster the interior in leather, and the markup on the sticker is $1,495 for the leather. The photos below don't do it justice...the color, texture/grain and overall look are poor in the photos vs. what we saw in real life. With that in mind, we still decided to post the pictures so you can get a general idea of what it looks like. The close-up picture of the headrest shows a little of the grain. They seemed to do a good job on all of the details (it looked like factory leather to me), and it added more of a luxury car look to the interior.

Also, it was neat seeing the Steel Grey with the Gunmetal wheels - they looked to be almost the same color.

FYI...They told us they ended their participation in the cash for clunkers program as of Friday (8/21/09).

See less See more
#3 ·
none said:
Thanks for the photos! Oddly enough, I prefer the factory's upholstery job. The wavy stitching is really unique, whereas this leather job is too plain. Now if they replicated the waves... THAT would be cool. "IMHO"
agreed with none here. if they could do that...

i'm a little afraid of what our interiors will look like longer term. are the versa interior fabric similar? anyone know? those covers (or any) would save the fabric for sure.

#4 ·
yeah, the quality of craftsmanship looks really good. very professional job. looks nice!

#7 ·
they did a nice job :yes: but i must admit i do prefer the factory seats, and not just because i like fabric ones more in general. these leather seats are just too drab and monotone in conjunction with the grey interior and exterior...black would have been better visually, but i loathe the black leather interior on my corrado!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.