Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need front/rear suspension for my daughters Cube. Installed a J2 Catback a couple of years back. Now when there’s weight in the back, the rear squats and rubs against the rear exhaust parts and rattles. I’m not looking for a performance suspension. Just something that will give it a factory ride. Please only recommend what you’ve had installed. Ty

·
Registered
180 Posts
Need front/rear suspension for my daughters Cube. Installed a J2 Catback a couple of years back. Now when there’s weight in the back, the rear squats and rubs against the rear exhaust parts and rattles. I’m not looking for a performance suspension. Just something that will give it a factory ride. Please only recommend what you’ve had installed. Ty
Thats funny, cuz I have a j2 exhaust also and had the rattle problem. The performance of j2 exhaust is not bad but it was built like crap and didnt fit right.
So I saw a picture of someone with an exhaust and had a hinge in the middle of the exhaust welded on to the frame and no noise.

I bought this hing at amazon for few bucks and had it welded onto the exhaust then screwed onto the frame and it solved all my rattle of the j2 exhaust.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I had to search the site but someone else had the j2 exhaust and had it mounted perfectly with a mod and posted pictures. here it is
look at this threat and pictures

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had to search the site but someone else had the j2 exhaust and had it mounted perfectly with a mod and posted pictures. here it is

look at this threat and pictures

That post is actually me. The installer is awesome and installed the hinge in hopes to stop the rattle. It helped but I can clearly see the contact point once the rear end has weight on it.

·
Registered
180 Posts
When there’s weight on the back, the exhaust tube hits this bar. The hinge was welded on and helps tremendously and we’ve played with spacers on the hinge but once you have two people in the back, it still rattles.
Thats crazy, after seeing your pics i was able to completely fix the rattle, mine was hitting that bar also. I also have a rear antisway bar attached also. The hing I think on mine was welded a bit further back, i can go over a speed bump at fast speed and no rattle

1 - 7 of 7 Posts