Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just about to buy a cube but I've heard from some people that after sales service is awful. My friend had upgraded alloys wheels that started to peel after 8000kms and he said that they would not do anything about it. Any other good or bad things anyone hear about?

Thanks,

Rich

·
Registered
303 Posts
Well I haven't bought any items after purchase from the dealer, but I have taken it back a number of times for service and repair. When they bring up the issue, they of course, are kind and helpful. If I bring up the issue, for example the fuel sensor wasn't working twice, or when my brakes started screeching, they look at me and basically roll their eyes at me as if saying " quit crying about your NEW car, you are just making things up". Generally though, the service is "OK", at least in my experience. I hope if you do end up with a cube, your Nissan Service is better than what you have heard. Good luck!

·
Registered
929 Posts
It varies from dealership to dealership. I am using a dealership that I didn't purchase from, and they have been beyond nice to me!!! My service contact is a very cordial, humble guy. The only catch is that they haven't actually fixed anything yet - they "could not duplicate" my concern.

But that is typical for any dealership, whether it be Toyota, Kia, Chevy, etc. The only difference is that Infiniti offers you free cappucinos while you wait.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Only exponentially worse than you have heard. Just go into any service appointment with hip waders and a good BS filter and you should be fine. Do not be rude but call them out on false statements and do your homework so you know what you are talking about when you go in. If you blind them with information they usually just do what they are told.

Dink

·
Registered
672 Posts
Me dealer (Kingston Nissan, in NY) is about 15 minutes away, and they recently refurbished their building, so it's really nice. They have a large waiting room with FREE Keureg coffee and very good donuts. One day I went just to have some coffee and a donut. The two recalls were probably my last visits (till the next recall), since I don't want to pay Nissan's prices for service.

A few years ago, we were on a trip and had a noise coming from the front of our Maxima. We looked up a dealer in the Owner's Manual and brought it there. They had coffee, but they charged for it. The repair was free, through. An inner fender liner had come loose and was hitting the wheel.

You can shop around for dealers or even independent shops to work on your car. Like everything else, some are good, and some are awful.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I know there's good and bad dealers. Aside from recalls, I've always done everything myself on my cars. Most of what I've heard is dealing with nissan themselves not the dealers. Even a couple dealers have told me that nissan is at the bottom for customer satisfaction along with my current car (vw).

·
Registered
148 Posts
none said:
The superiority of the product more than makes up for the lack of customer service.
couldn't have said it better.....all dealers but 2 suck here in dallas/ft. worth area. The dealership I bought mine from fought me on getting the tpms nuts changes even though I had a letter FROM NISSAN saying we are permitted to change them out. Still waiting on my rear door hinges 5 wks now......but the car it self is amazing.....just they would get there service act together and not hire all the shitty employees from other dealerships that closed in the area.

·
Registered
671 Posts
none said:
It varies from dealership to dealership. I am using a dealership that I didn't purchase from, and they have been beyond nice to me!!! My service contact is a very cordial, humble guy. The only catch is that they haven't actually fixed anything yet - they "could not duplicate" my concern.

But that is typical for any dealership, whether it be Toyota, Kia, Chevy, etc. The only difference is that Infiniti offers you free cappucinos while you wait
ROFL :D!

I've only ever had three actual new cars (different manufacturers, but all Japanese origin), but I've never gone to them for early issues. Maybe I've just been lucky -- or maybe I've just been stupid ;D. However, a couple times I went with a well-to-do friend to a Mercedes dealership near Philadelphia and they had the most amazing self-serve coffee confections. The flavors were wonderful, though they really wired me to the ceiling! I can say a Toyota salesman did offer me a soda (and I wasn't even his customer -- nice fellow :)).

Just a guess, but new car buyers frequently expect perfection in every way, and while that may be relatively appropriate for expensive cars, I think it somewhat less so in econo-boxes such as ours. This may help to explain some of the eye-ball rolling reaction observed by some when expressing concerns. Just a thought :)!

·
Registered
929 Posts
Trevor, that is a good guess, and it may be true for some employees, but it's not necessarily fact. I purchased a brand new $60,000 Infiniti & got eyes rolled at me over issues such as fog light cracking twice during first year, B pillar coming off, and sunroof vibration. Actually, when they fixed the sunroof, the mechanic stained my seat with some grease he spilled. It was about a 12 inch spot - visible even from outside the car. The dealership's manager told me it was my fault because I had left the sunroof open (which was not true). Just something about Nissan/Infiniti as a company that sucks that way.

Chevy, however, rocked. They fixed what was wrong, apologized and called to check up later via OnStar. I felt like a million bucks. This was on a cheapo car of theirs!!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Picked up a 09 SL almost a month ago and had the accent lighting ordered. The salesman said he would call me when it came in and I would just make an appointment to get it installed. I called a couple days later to find out they waited for the bank check to fund and had just ordered it. Not wanting to be a pest, I emailed my salesman another couple days later asking him to call me when the part came in so we can go ahead an install it. When he didn't call me the next day I called him and he didn't check his email but said he would call me as soon as it came in. Now nearing 2 weeks, I had to stop at service dept. for TPMS issue and dropped by the parts dept. And whaddya know, it was in. So I made an appointment and got it installed 2 1/2 weeks after I picked up the car. Here is my issue, The salesman never got back to me, not even after I picked the part up myself and sat in the waiting room while they installed it. Heck I never even got a call asking how the Cube was and our experience. Once they got their check there was no "after sale service" even when we had to go back to the dealer for something that was ordered the day we bought it. Now don't the salesman make commission? Won't Nissan Motors call me to ask how my experience was and isn't the dealership depending on those scores? I'm not inclined to give them excellent ratings unless the rating was only up to the day the Cube was picked up and not a minute after. Am I justified to be upset with "after sale service" that I should complain to the GM? What do you guys think? :-\

·
Registered
672 Posts
As you said, he's the "salesman." Once the sale is done, you don't exist to him. And I've never heard of a dealer waiting for a check to clear to order parts. That's ridiculous.

Now, my dealer (Kingston Nissan [NY]) is a different story - free coffee and donuts in the waiting room, follow-up phone calls and mail, calls from the salesman to ask how I like the car and if there's anything he can do. Of course that dealer participates in an evaluation program, via a survey, so maybe that's why they work harder.

Look at it this way. You got yourself a great little car. With this web site you can get all the advice you need, and any dealer can order parts for you. Better yet, order online and get them cheaper.

Maybe you'd like to tell us who this dealer is so we can decide if we want to shop there.

Jerry

·
Registered
143 Posts
dink74 said:
Only exponentially worse than you have heard. Just go into any service appointment with hip waders and a good BS filter and you should be fine. Do not be rude but call them out on false statements and do your homework so you know what you are talking about when you go in. If you blind them with information they usually just do what they are told.

Dink
Yes .... Hip waders .... bs filters .... homework .... Yes, then you should be fine ;)
One thing I might suggest .... Bring up some "For examples if?" scenario's to the sales manager, before signing the papers. They will bend over backwards for you to get that car sold. [I never felt more Loved by a man in my entire lifetime than I felt from the sales manager at nissan the day I bought my cube. I've been back several times since, and I don't think he even recognizes me]. Not that it will make any difference when it comes time for service, but it can be entertaining to reflect on later. :roll:

·
Registered
72 Posts
I've owned Nissans since 2003...what I can tell you is this...Nissan does NOTHING to incent the service department to support their product. They literally put the service department in the gap, and force them to deliver "bad news" to you about their product. The service department, instead of being seen as a cost of sales, is forced to be a revenue center for the dealerships. They are incented by Nissan to screw us, the customer...if they don't, they lose money big-time. I know because a good friend was a service center manager and he told me that Nissan just doesn't do much to help the Service Department really provide service, and is constantly nit-picking over paying warranty work, etc...

·
Registered
672 Posts
Unfortunately, I'm not surprised to hear that.

Jerry

·
Registered
175 Posts
big_daddy_mpd said:
I've owned Nissans since 2003...what I can tell you is this...Nissan does NOTHING to incent the service department to support their product. They literally put the service department in the gap, and force them to deliver "bad news" to you about their product. The service department, instead of being seen as a cost of sales, is forced to be a revenue center for the dealerships. They are incented by Nissan to screw us, the customer...if they don't, they lose money big-time. I know because a good friend was a service center manager and he told me that Nissan just doesn't do much to help the Service Department really provide service, and is constantly nit-picking over paying warranty work, etc...
I'd say so. I had a 1987 300ZX Turbo. About 90,000 miles, the AC went out. Service writer said, "Oh, your compressor is full of aluminum filings and is shot. $1500 to fix." Took it to an independent dealer down the street, replaced a leaky $90 hose. Spread that story far and wide, swore I'd never buy Nissan again, but had to have the cube. They lost a shot at my and others' business for a long time, though. Same story on Ford earlier.

·
Registered
10 Posts
so far so good - my sales man e-mailed me pictures of me and the new car - called asked how everything was with the car - I got a rock chip in the window the second day I owned it - my wife was over at the dealer on an unrelated assignment to pick up the lic plate off of my trade - they called a glass repair company and had it repaired for me - so as others have stated there are good dealers and not so good - the reason I bought another nissan - my 5th - is I VERY rarely need to go there - we went back and bought a slightly used 08' Sentra 3 weeks after we bought the cube - again great service - no pressure - nice building - I would complain about their coffee - but I figure I may be old and bitter someday myself ;D

·
Registered
9 Posts
In MY experience, it's all in the dealership.
Some are helpful, some are not.
ALSO, it depends sometimes on the PERSON helping you at the dealerships.
Some are extrmely helpful, and some have the personality and attitude of a clam !

1 - 20 of 21 Posts