Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a tweet a couple of days ago from @cubeperformance. This is the quote:

cubeperformance

1. Calling all Cube owners Dec. 12th @ Greddy in Irvine, CA 9am-4pm let's show them some interest so we can get some items made for us.

4:51 PM Nov 23rd from web

I'm please asking anyone that is in California, near this event, go and represent us. I would go, but taking the cube across country isn't possible with my schedule right now. If I was off I would do it just to prove to them that I care. I sent the letter and never heard anything back, so I'm planning on sending another. If you want a company to make parts so that we'll have options, this is the best way to show them we are interested.

It would be a great way for people to see that we are interested in their products, and would go a long way to get us the tuning options we desperately desire!!

Thank you guys and girls in advance!!

Rubik

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It still wouldn't hurt to stop by... if you wanted to.

·
Registered
715 Posts
i think we will go regardles of what a shop wants to (this person form cube performance knows exactly where i live and my contact info but still he hasnt bother to contact me) :roll: :roll:
for some reazon this versa guys drivers have a big time problem with the cube getting all the atention that their soccer mom looking car never got :D :D :D....

ok back to topic :)

here,s how it goes with companys developing new stuff for our cube or any other car
there is got to be a few interested ones (almost thousands of us) to be serious about buying products for the cube...here is an example

the guy who made my carbon fiber hood sells them at the craigslist for only $250 each but until this day no cube owner has bought one yet including ebay

lets go even more cheaper on the example...the stillen products line:
very affordable and very nice products despite how affordable they are i can count with my hands all the cube owners that have gotten their stuff and i will probably have fingers left over

the very own guys from stillen told me they prototype a lot more products for the cube but they are just on prototype because they havnt seen enough demand from all of us cube drivers

one more thing.....as much as we all want stuff done for the cube....rite when a company makes something new a million questions rise in the air like "will it void my warranty" "will i get less gas mileage" "is it legal" and more and more come to question

i heard the same from seibon and bulletproof automotive...no demand no results i been hiting the guys at ait to see if they can develop a body kit and i hear the same every month i call thems

myself i just saw the big guys from greddy at the battle of the imports carshow they had a booth there with their gtr and their widebody 350z but truly man i didnt even wanna bother them asking if they will create stuff for the cube :no: :no: :no: the way i see it is i put myself on the company owner shoes

im sure if you rubik live here in california you will be a very dedicated cube member and very competitive also because i already see that from you but over here is another story

just my 2 cents... ;)

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I def get where you are coming from Damian. I think people like you are going to make companies stand up and take notice. Right now I'm a little bit more talk than buy, because I'm trying to feel out where I want to go. I just bought a Clarion touch screen, because it was a good deal and I know where I'm wanting to go audio wise.

I remember when you bought the hood. I would have bought one too, but that's not my style for the cube.

I've got some parts I bought for the 240 that will work on the cube as well, such as my Greddy oil cap and Greddy Radiator cap. I'm going to post photos when I get around to doing that, I just worked two jobs 60 hours a week, and barely have time for anything, let alone to run to my grandparent's to dig for parts, lol. I know it's dress up, but that's pretty much the options we've gotten from Greddy. I doubt the car needs the higher pressure radiator cap, but if I can show support for the company through our platform I will. It's been mentioned before, and I believe it's true, we are where the xB owners were a few years ago. People like yourself, 1HotCube, and others (sorry to leave people out!) will help carry the scene.

I know this part isn't related to this thread, but you all being positive towards modding is helping us. This is a great community, and is way better than any of the 240 communities I've ever belonged to!

I wish Nissan would have put as much thought into the aftermarket scene as Toyota did when they developed the Scion line. I think we have been underestimated, and that's what makes me eager to prove the automotive community at large wrong. Power to the Cubists!

·
Registered
715 Posts
i got your back man...you seem to think same as i do when it comes about bringing out new stuff for the cube, the no.1 thing i always say to the companys is that this cube will take off as cray as the xb did when it first came out...they see pics of my xb and then they get convenced quikcly lol! :D :D

believe me im a hard pusha! with the companys....will get there soon :yes:

·
Registered
103 Posts
Rubik said:
I got a tweet a couple of days ago from @cubeperformance. This is the quote:

cubeperformance

1. Calling all Cube owners Dec. 12th @ Greddy in Irvine, CA 9am-4pm let's show them some interest so we can get some items made for us.

4:51 PM Nov 23rd from web

I'm please asking anyone that is in California, near this event, go and represent us. I would go, but taking the cube across country isn't possible with my schedule right now. If I was off I would do it just to prove to them that I care. I sent the letter and never heard anything back, so I'm planning on sending another. If you want a company to make parts so that we'll have options, this is the best way to show them we are interested.

It would be a great way for people to see that we are interested in their products, and would go a long way to get us the tuning options we desperately desire!!

Thank you guys and girls in advance!!

Rubik
I live in Tustin which is the city next to Irvine, I would have no problem stopping by but I on Saturdays :(

·
Registered
97 Posts
I'm 15 mins from Irvine and would be down to go but I'll have to see how things work out since my wife's due date for our baby boy is the 13th!

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hotcube, I'm with you on being on the west coast.

I also appreciate Nosser volunteering to run out and represent, should things be ok with his sig other. BTW, Good luck and best wishes to your family!!

·
Registered
715 Posts
elDizzle_foShizzle said:
dammit...all you Cali guys and gals have all the juice. if only i lived closer. Washington doesn't have any pull whatsoever.
there you are man! i havnt see you for a while around :)

im not sure how many people are going to make it but i may try for it, i want a couple of their things so hopefully they will have them for cheap, there,s a handful of goods you can get for your cube like

oil cap
radiator cap
oil catch tank
oil block adaptor
radiator breather tank

well that actually what i want from them :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I've already moved the oil cap from the SR20, and My friend got me the radiator cap for Christmas. I'm gonna have to heat the oil cap a little to remove the glue from the emblem and re-orient it for the cube. Can't wait... looks good :)

·
Registered
715 Posts
well today it was a fun day at greddy including the crazy storm we had this morning
the rain scared mostly everyone and they had a slow feedback but still a few people came by including a couple versa friends.

greddy put out pretty much all their inventory for the garage sale!
as expected they had some great prices
oil caps $40
radiator caps $15
case of fully synthetic oil 5W-30 for $30
oil filters $10
shift knobs $10

much much more that i just couldnt resist :D :D :D

here,s the thing they had some stuff so cheap that when i was reading their list of stuff for sale i was like hooooold ON! there!

and remember my last up here :roll:
well i couldnt get none of it because i came accross something much more cheaper

ferret not included lol! :D :D

with an msrp of $2,950 today,s sale run for $850 no tax!
this is the turbo kit for the scion xb, for those who doesnt know yet we own the former TEIN scion xb for while now but since the cube arrived that poor car is just been seating in the garage so now is time to dust the xb off and get it boosted lol!

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Great Deal. Keep us posted on the progress. It's not a cube, but I still love a good build thread!!! I so thought about flying out, but I couldn't get anyone to go with me. Good thing I didn't if it stormed like that. Would've been a waste of a plane ticket.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Rubik said:
Great Deal. Keep us posted on the progress. It's not a cube, but I still love a good build thread!!! I so thought about flying out, but I couldn't get anyone to go with me. Good thing I didn't if it stormed like that. Would've been a waste of a plane ticket.

yeah man it was pretty crazy! i had a bad cold but i was a little careless about it :D, im planing to go next week friday to get the rest of the kit for dirt cheap for the xb turbo set up, the intercooler and the blow off valve, imgona pay only $465 for both when usually just the intercooler cost $820 alone :roll:

i must say i did brought it out to the greddy guys about the cube as well as one of big guys from the versa comunity but as expected our answer was the same....they need to see a big demand for it, the guy told me that even if we can build a group buy that reaches around $5,000 still may be a 50/50 chance

i guess they need to see a next honda civic for them to develop something for the cube :roll:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts