Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally had a chance to have a look at Nissan's idea for a fuse/relay panel. Intelligent Power my a$$!

It wasn't good enough to disguise it. They made the cover difficult to remove. Then to top it off, they install the dang thing upside down, so that it is next to impossible to read and locate the offending fuse/relay. This is obviously how they get the unknowing to shell out the big bucks for a replacement module. Don't be fooled people, these fuses and relays can be changed out, without replacing the module.

IMHO, this borders on criminal behavior. Every car I have owned has had an easily accessible fuse/relay panel, until now. :mad:

Rant over.

·
Registered
973 Posts
talking about the one inside? cover hard to remove? yes. upside down? not mine atleast.

·
Registered
973 Posts
ahh, yeah iv never gotten into that, tried, but never could.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Maybe the saddest part is that there are 19 fuses in it and they don't even mention it in the owners manual. Most people probably don't even know that they exist.

I'll try to get some pics showing the layout and labelling soon. It may save someones bacon, someday.

·
Registered
973 Posts
i figured there was one in the hood, couldnt find any record of it anywhere though. i got into yesterday, and i agree someone at nissan needs to have their a** kicked. :no:

QUIT WITH THE PROFANITY!
Christine

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here are the pics I promised.

Guess what I am

Nothing to see here

Ooh, a label???

Fuses & relays. Really?

As far as comes out, without disconnecting it.

Fuse locations

You may want to copy that last one down for reference and place it in the manual.
I hope this post isn't too big. Sorry if it is. Feel free to break it up if neccessary.

May you never have to access this in the dark, Boxhead.

·
Registered
121 Posts
AGCube said:
Terrific pictures. Thanks for posting them and documenting it. I’m sure someone in the future will benefit from them.

Like AGCube said . . . . . . THANKS!

I saved these into my cube library for future reference.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Maybe the saddest part is that there are 19 fuses in it and they don't even mention it in the owners manual. Most people probably don't even know that they exist.

I'll try to get some pics showing the layout and labelling soon. It may save someones bacon, someday.
Hey there,
I was wondering was it difficult to access this fuse box? was there any special tools needed? My cube's ESCL just died and was wondering if this process of removing the fuse hard.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts