Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my Bitter Chocolate cube S a few weeks ago and I'm loving every minute of it! The color was quite important to me, this seemed the sexiest of the colors to me. And I needed a manual transmission, no offense to the CVT owners, but I haven't driven an automatic in about 15 years.

Other than new rims I haven't done anything to her, probably won't do much for a few years.

Anywho, just thought I'd make a formal introduction.

·
Registered
839 Posts
pixiedrea said:
I bought my Bitter Chocolate cube S a few weeks ago and I'm loving every minute of it! The color was quite important to me, this seemed the sexiest of the colors to me. And I needed a manual transmission, no offense to the CVT owners, but I haven't driven an automatic in about 15 years.

Other than new rims I haven't done anything to her, probably won't do much for a few years.

Anywho, just thought I'd make a formal introduction.
Welcome pixie, great choice on the Bitter Chocolate. I understand about a manual tranny, I just don't drive automatics and never have (as a permanent thing). I have an "S" as well with a 6 speed, but it's Super Black. For some reason it seems that most new cars I buy are black, although black wasn't my first choice in a Cube, but at the time it was the only "S" 6 speed I could find anywhere in the southeast. But I love it. - Aloha, Dano

Post some pictures.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Looking good there Pixie :yes:

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Close up of wheel:

The engine bay after installing my Stillen intake:

Sideways pic of the bay with Stillen intake:

Close up pic of intake:

·
2,084 Posts
I like the way those wheels incorporated the lugs into the center cap. I am not a fan of wheels that have the plastic chromed center cap meant to hide the lugs. It stands out to me and screams look at the plastic.

Nice job on the extras.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the kind words,ya'll! I'm really excited about this, I'm doing as much of the work as I can by myself (with a little help from my boyfriend).

@Christine: Everytime I see these wheels independent of the car I'm surprised at how ugly I think they are, but everytime I see them ON the car I'm surprised at how great they look on my baby. I, too was really digging the way the center cap (with the 4-lugs in a squarish pattern) was incorporated into the wheel.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Boxy Brown. :D Very cute. I too love the bitter chocolate color, but they did not have one the way I wanted it at the dealer, so I bought silver. Looks great in silver, too, tho. I do wish that Nissan offered a manual in the higher trim levels, b/c fully equipped with a manual would be perfect.

Gotta love them Cubes.

·
2,084 Posts
Watch out fellas we got another car girl here ;)

I checked out that link and the 17's or only $99 but they go from 16.8lbs to 24.2 in 2 inch's. :eek:

I really want to get some polished or chrome plated in 18" that are light weight. It is a wish.

Nice job on the Mods PixieDrea :yes: keep them coming and the pics too.

·
Registered
88 Posts
That looks like Ft. Sam Houston housing in the background, is it? I go to BAMC all the time so maybe I'll see your cube if it is indeed that area. Nice wheels and color choice.

regards,
bunting1

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I know lots of folks like the JDM behind better, but I'm in love with my Boxy's Brown's Onion Booty... looks so good it'll make ya cry!

My Hunny-Boy and I did the exhaust on Sunday, then I did the badge Sunday afternoon and waxed with the Autozone Zymol. What a fantastic day!

@Bunting: Yep it's Ft. Sam, but I'm on the Broadway side and hardly travel East of Scott/Walters.

@Christine: Darn right it's another car girl! I was highly concerned about weight, and I think for the price I did pretty well. Once I can afford to buy tires AND wheels both I'd like to go with a 16" or 17" I think. I'm concerened about ride quality and don't want to sacrifice too much of it for looks.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Pixie, I have to say you've done a lot in a short time. Keep up the GREAT work.

How do you like the sound of the Stillen exhaust?

You're Cube is coming along nicely, good to see another car girl that does her own work. So far it looks like you and Christine have the corner on the market. For this you deserve an HP boost....LOL - Dano

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks Dano! My grandmother did all of her own mechanic work in her day, so the women in my family learned to take pride in their vehicles and do their own work. My grandma (83 yrs old) still rides her motorcycle when she can!

I'm really into the sound of the Stillen exhaust, to be honest. It sounds tuner-ish (if that makes sense to you, explain to me!) for lack of a better description. It's not loud enough to set off anyone's alarm as I drive by, but I wouldn't be able to sneak out of the house (if I was young enough to worry about that) because it is a distinctive sound. Kind of throaty without being obnoxious. The cabin noise has definitely increased as a direct result of the exhaust. Where I might have had the radio volume on a 6, I now increase it to 8 or 9 to make up for the sound of the exhaust.

Does that help?

·
Registered
234 Posts
Looks great. I like the way you moved up the cube badge and dumped the Nissan. I'm getting to old for a louder exhaust, I like quiet. You could say that Bitter looks sweet.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Pixie, I think you've done a great job in explaining the sound of your Stillen as well as honesty in it's tone. Does sound like it's a bit too audible for this old fart but I could probably live with it. I'm going to try fabricating my own rear exhaust in the near future. I'll let you know how it turns out. If I F-it up I can always get a Stillen...LOL - Dano

·
2,084 Posts
Some like the exhaust sound some do not. I like the stock sound or lack there of. I am into the audio of the radio and prefer a quiet cabin. The CVT adds to that experience but you still get some wind noise.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Finally got my Wet Okole covers in and installed! Pics to come, maybe today if I get a lunch break.

Also, my Tanabe strut tower bar and front under bracing came in this week, they're heading off to be powder coated this week, should be back in 2 weeks than installed.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts