Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

I am from Toronto Canada and i am very interested in purchasing a Nissan Cube. I am looking to use this as a commuter car and my only issue is with the transmission. From my limited research the transmission will last up to around 250,000KM (with proper maintenance).

Is that a fair statement? I think the issue is because i can't check the tranny oil easily on a cube i have no idea what kind of maintenance the tranny has received. I would be putting around 20K per year on the car so i need to find one with relatively low KM's or i might have a dead car too early in its life.

Thoughts?

Thanks
D

·
Registered
232 Posts
What type of transmission? CVT or manual? Obviously, a lot depends on the previous owners and scheduled maintenance performed.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Most likely auto as i sit in a lot of traffic lol. Yeah not knowing how the previous owner cared for or drove the car is a big question. I assume the only way to know is to get a mechanic to check the tranny oil on inspection and see how bad it is. I assume with regular maintenance that the tranny will last for a considerable amount of time.

Does the manual have a CVT or a traditional? That is one thing i have not researched.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Rust is the other issue you shoukd pay attention to

1 - 4 of 4 Posts