Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got in my seat covers from clazzio this evening. They are the black with leather insert and red stitching.
I did not have enough daylight to get them on today, but I did get one of the front seats done. They are going to look better than I had even hoped for. The directions are fairly easy to understand [with pictures].
After getting the first seat done, and having a pretty good feel for how the rest of it should go, I have a few tips for those of you who are planning on installing them in your cube:
First of all, take time to read, and meditate on the instructions.
Next [or maybe before first], skip the bowflex for today. You won't need it, you'll need your energy.
Next tip, Take your time, don't get in a hurry. Things go much smoother when you have plenty of time.
Next, Take off your shoes. Just wear socks. Otherwise you'll end up with scratches, and dirt all over your dash, door panels, glove box, console, etc. You'll get into positions your cube was not designed for.
Final tip, Do it in the sunshine, not in the dark.

Please don't ask me how I learned all these valuable tips ............. Just accept them , and enjoy. :p

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Okay, I could not wait for the sunshine....... It was snowing today, so I put on a lamp and finished the job in my garage. They look great. I'm sure I'll have some sore fingers tommorow. Reminds me of wrestling back in school days......Feels like I won, but not without a pretty good fight.
One more pointer .... There will be some sheets of plastic in your Clazzio box. They are not for packing.
They are to use when you do the back seats. You put them under the velcro so it doesn't lock onto your seats while you try to slide them over them. There is nothing in the instructions about that, so I guess they are hoping you will figure it out on your own. :roll:
Final summary: Not cheap, but super great Quality. Hard work installing, but so worth it! Took me about four hours, but I am a perfectionist. Could I do another one in two? No, not a chance. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts