Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In another thread there was some discussion about insurance. Christine mentioned that she has USAA for her insurance. Generally speaking USAA is hard to beat. If you joined USAA while you were in the military and hung on to it, it was one of the best decisions you ever made. But if you seperated from the military without becoming a member you had a pretty small window to join, once that window closed you were out of luck.

Well recently USAA made a decision which I agree with. They changed their policy to allow ANY HONORABLY discharged miliary veteran the opportunity to become a member, regardless of how long ago you served. They're thinking is, if you served this country, you deserve their services. My hat's off to them.

So, I joined USAA today. I asked them for quotes on my home, car, and life insurance. Unfortunately they couldn't compete on my home owners policy (from Farm Bureau) or my auto insurance (AARP). But they beat the crap out of my life insurance (FEGLI). So I'm switching my life insurance to USAA.

They did tell me that they are working with the powers to be and I guess their underwriters, to become more competitive with folks like AARP and Farm Bureau. So with any luck they'll have better rates in the future and I'll change these policies as well.

But regardless of what they can or cannot provide you today, if you're military or ex-military you should at least become a member. Although this is a policy change. Like ANY policy change it could always be changed again. So weather or not you buy any insurance from them or not, it may be a good idea to at least become a member while the opportunity is there. - Dan

·
2,084 Posts
USAA was originally only available to Military Officers and later they changed the policy to include enlisted soldiers.

I have all my coverage thru USAA, Car,Home,Flood,Boat.

I would say compare for yourself and if you can take advantage do your research and determine if it is right for you!

Insurance is a fickle business!

·
Registered
17 Posts
The rates should be very good on a Cube. My agent told me it has a symbol of a 6 from Farm Bureau. This is the base rate and the higher number equals a higher base rate. Our Honda Pilot is an 18! I didn't get an exact quote, but I'm expecting a lower bill.

Regards,

Mike

·
Registered
671 Posts
i traded my 97 expedition 4wd for CUBE and my rate went down. big suv = more liablity = they get hurt

cube = small = less liablity= we are in danger
Sounds good, but liability alone costs noticably more for my 2008 economy box car than for my 1990 Turbo sports car. Seems to me it's hard to predict which way the rates are going to go.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Cube rates will be higher than needed initially, as the insurance gougers (excuse me, companies) have no track record for the vehicle in question. At least that is what the rep from my gouger (sorry, company) told me. Expect rates to level off in a year or so . . .

Having said that, my insurance company calls my Cube a van/truck, so what the hell do they know. Switching next year . . .

·
Registered
671 Posts
Milo said:
Cube rates will be higher than needed initially, as the insurance gougers (excuse me, companies) have no track record for the vehicle in question. At least that is what the rep from my gouger (sorry, company) told me. Expect rates to level off in a year or so . . .

Having said that, my insurance company calls my Cube a van/truck, so what the hell do they know. Switching next year . . .
Love it :D!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts