Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided to change from the roof rack to hitch mount for my mountain bike setup. I ride three to four days a week and the height of the Cube and bike where causing me problems.
Sucks to forget that your garage opening is 8 inches lower than you bike. :(

I had read good reviews on the forum about Curt Hitch, so I picked one up off Amazon for $125.00 with free shipping.
The install is pretty straight forward, the only issue I had was fishing the carrage bolts and rectangular washers into the frame on the driver's side of the car.
As others have stated, you must enlarge an access hole to around 1 inch to allow the bolt and washer to enter the frame. The access hole is very close to the spring, and I had a hard time staying off the spring to get the hole large enough.
The passenger side consists of removing the factory tow hook, three bolts and your done on that side.Here are a few photo's during the install.

Took me around an hour, by myself.

Watch the heat shield around the muffler when you pull the rubber hangers down, I cut one finger pretty deep.

Only tools required are a couple of metric wrenches and a unibit or 1" drill bit.

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
Just wanted to say belated thanks for the hitch info and pics. I went with the Curt hitch last week and the installation went perfectly. It didn't interfere with the tail pipe add-on either.

·
Registered
Cube 2009
3 Posts
Hello all of you..

I came across this tutorial, and I'm about to install a hitch on my Nissan Cube. In your opinion, do you think it is necessary to remove the spare wheel to install it?
And I would like to know if the power harness for the trailer required the installation of a multiplexed box or not. Maybe just the power harness is enough?
Thanks a lot for your attention.
Seb.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts