Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner

Installed Clazzio front seat covers (with pictures)

25K views 40 replies 24 participants last post by  BLCKNBLU 
#1 ·
Hi everyone,
I'd ordered these Clazzio seat covers from Spencer/Bean Garage and they arrived right on time (eight weeks) yesterday at my doorstep in Ontario, Canada. Since my back seats are folded down 90% of time so i opted for the front seats only. They come with full picture instructions and accessories. The covers are number coded as well so you won't mix them up.

Installation was pretty straight forward & it took me a little less than 1.5 hours to do it. Unfortunately I had teared the perforated leather a little (less than 0.5 mm) when I tried to push the cover thru the headrest stay. No big deal though since it was covered up pretty well and not noticeable at all. Installing the headrest cover was a little tricky since the fitment was so tight. But I'd found that the trick was to keep squeezing the headrest foam into the cover.

The quality is very good, seams sewed perfectly in red, fitment is tight perfect. Love it ...... Here are some pictures to share with you guys ......

Cheers
Yamamoto

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Mr.Bubble said:
Very nice! I am hoping for a group buy ;) How does the center leather feel? What is with the memory foam? Does it really give it much added feel?
The centre perforated leather is soft but not too soft so I hope there will be no sacking down the road. Honestly I'm not sure about the memory foam, time will tell if it is memory or not, I'll report back in a couple of week. The foam is about 0.5 to 0.75 cm and indeed give you a cushioned feel but it also raise the sitting position. This is the only con to me, I'm sitting in the lowest position already and still find it too high for my taste since I'm so used to sit like almost on the floor in my MINI or Cayman. Now with the cover, the sitting position is even higher, not by much but I can tell the difference. However the big plus is the armrest, it feels so much softer with the foam. My arm is finally not resting on a block of wood :D
Feel free to PM me for any question ...
Cheers
Yamamoto

#8 ·
schtebie said:
Nice photos Yamamoto!

I received my Clazzio covers as well today...unfortunately, I can't install them as I haven't received my Cube yet. I expect mine to arrive in December. :-\
LOL damn that sucks. i can imagine the feeling. i ordered all new stuff to build a computer, and received the CPU, RAM and graphics card a couple of weeks before the motherboard. upgrades that are just waiting to upgrade something that isn't there yet! hahaha

#11 ·
Niiiiiiice. :yes: I'm in on the group buy list on Beans thread. 8)

#15 ·
I was told by the dealer not to put seat covers on as the side of the seats in my SL have airbags in them which yu can see a small tag that says airbag I think So what happens with these covers on the seats..how is the airbag suppose to deploy ??
They look great but judging on how much plastic is on this thing I need to know the cage with all the air bags ect Im sitting in is gonna be my saving grace in an accident when all the plastic around me is blown to smitherines ! LOL
Can you share with us what you know about this or dont know?

#16 ·
MacDaddys NISMOCUBE said:
I was told by the dealer not to put seat covers on as the side of the seats in my SL have airbags in them which yu can see a small tag that says airbag I think So what happens with these covers on the seats..how is the airbag suppose to deploy ??
They look great but judging on how much plastic is on this thing I need to know the cage with all the air bags ect Im sitting in is gonna be my saving grace in an accident when all the plastic around me is blown to smitherines ! LOL
Can you share with us what you know about this or dont know?
The airbag deploys as shown in the video below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRUQ0cPATuI

Clazzio designed them to work with side impact airbags.

#20 ·
How long did it take you to install them?

oh wow! spencer is on here! I bought two sets from him, one for the insight which turned out awesome and one for my cube still waiting for the 8-10 week lead time.

my friend installed insight covers and said it took him 4 hours to do it because the headrests were so tough. I don't believe him lol.

#22 ·
DTK_Cube said:
How long did it take you to install them?

oh wow! spencer is on here! I bought two sets from him, one for the insight which turned out awesome and one for my cube still waiting for the 8-10 week lead time.

my friend installed insight covers and said it took him 4 hours to do it because the headrests were so tough. I don't believe him lol.
I originally just ordered the front seats which took me about 1.5 hours to install it. Your friend is right, the headrest cover was really tight and a little difficult to install. Just try to squeeze one corner in fully and keep squeezing the rest in bit by bit. Took patience but it could be done.
After a while, I'd ordered the backseat as well and that took me around an hour to finish the installation. The backseat is pretty easy.
The trick, as other people already mentioned, is to use that clear plastic sheet (comes with the package) to cover the original seat before putting the new cover on so you can slide the cover down a little easier. For the hole you need to make for the armrest, I did put the cover on first, after finding the original hole, I punched a small hole in the new cover and cut it open afterwards, however you don't need to make the hole too big though (just big enough for the screw to get through <you will know what I mean once you have taken the armrest apart>).
It's been the second year that I have them installed and have zero problem. No sacking, no broken seams. I just wipe them down with Meguiar's No.40 once a while and they still look like new. Don't forget I'm living in Ontario and it's freezing here in the winter (-28c two weeks ago) and the covers stay well with cold weather!
Good luck and enjoy them.
Cheers

#23 ·
Hi Yamamoto,

Thank you for your insight! I'll let u guys know how it goes and takes some pics. i got the black pvc, black suede, red stitching. The car I actually bought for my mother which she loves it because it's easy to park.

#25 ·
Beat_box said:
Those seat covers look great :eek:
It's hard for me to see the the exact color, but are they Black outside with charcoal gray inserts?
He has the black with black insert and red stitching. We have these in stock currently in leather insert. He was one of the first to install the Clazzios on a Nissan Cube!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.