Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
2,084 Posts
Two things about that add that strike me right off: ???

1. the use of the word "Up To" if this device even provided one fraction of one HP it has made its claim

2. "Call for best pricing", this usually means its expensive and printing the price would scare you off

·
Registered
222 Posts
Rubik, thanks for sharing the info. I'm actually a little baffled by the design though. Stillen manages to draw air from the same area with a fraction of the piping.

ChristineK said:
Two things about that add that strike me right off: ???

1. the use of the word "Up To" if this device even provided one fraction of one HP it has made its claim

2. "Call for best pricing", this usually means its expensive and printing the price would scare you off
1. This is Marketing 101. No two cars will be the same. No company needs some angry consumer trying to sue the company because the intake only got them 5.5 hp. In the end, the intake does what it is supposed to do.

2. Injen, last I checked does not sell directly to the public. There's no point in posting the MSRP if that's not what the customer is going to pay. Pricing varies from dealer to dealer just like with any consumer products.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Christine,

I agree the price is probably higher than some. Injen cold air systems usually run in the neighborhood of 250$. As long as you've been into cars though, surely you know that Injen has always been a little bit pricier than others, and that they produce a good product. I wouldn't worry about them skimping on the dyno numbers. Independent magazine tests have proven that their advertised numbers are usually pretty close to what the independent tests bring up on a dyno.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's what I was looking at earlier, which is sad to me, but generally speaking, items like that have a harder time fitting AT equipped vehicles for whatever reason, so maybe this will also fit the MT. I hope so... I like this intake more than even the Stillen intake.

·
2,084 Posts
schtebie said:
1. This is Marketing 101. No two cars will be the same. No company needs some angry consumer trying to sue the company because the intake only got them 5.5 hp. In the end, the intake does what it is supposed to do.

2. Injen, last I checked does not sell directly to the public. There's no point in posting the MSRP if that's not what the customer is going to pay. Pricing varies from dealer to dealer just like with any consumer products.
Thanks, good to know also. As FleaBay Auto venders use the "Up To" to hock wares well above there stated performance, it is good to know a reputable company can be verified in the community.

Thanks Schtebie

·
Registered
222 Posts
ChristineK said:
schtebie said:

Thanks, good to know also. As FleaBay Auto venders use the "Up To" to hock wares well above there stated performance, it is good to know a reputable company can be verified in the community.

Thanks Schtebie
Injen is definitely a reputable company. I've used their products in the past and was quite pleased with them. :)

·
Registered
839 Posts
I posted this info in another thread, but since this one is about Injen I thought it would serve well here also.

Injen is a reputable company, I or my friends have used Injen intakes with very good results in the past.

Jerry Roberts from Injen sent me an email and said this intake should fit a 6 speed manual tranny Cube without any problem.

I just ordered one yesterday and will let you know of any fitment issues. - Dano

·
Registered
671 Posts
I agree, Injen has an excellent rep as an intake manufacturer. You can certainly get an intake elsewhere for a lower price, but with Injen you can be assured of quality. Note: I don't at all mean to imply Injen is the only quality intake manufacturer, however, they are definitely one of them!

·
Registered
261 Posts
Square1 said:
Jerry Roberts from Injen sent me an email and said this intake should fit a 6 speed manual tranny Cube without any problem.

I just ordered one yesterday and will let you know of any fitment issues. - Dano
Please do keep us updated, I'm interested in this for my MT.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I will agree with everything that has been said about Injen.... good company and a good product. I used their CAI on my DC5 and was 100% happy with the results. on the DC5, in order to get to the cold air, they needed to put the filter where the windshield washer fluid res. sat. All of the manufacturers just suggest you relocated the reservoir, which always looked crappy and cheapy. Injen actually manufactured their own, NEW reservoir bottle that was a different shape. It fit in the stock location and allowed for the CAI to fit around it and into the correct position. It also made the install look super clean.

I'm actually a little surprised at the low numbers for all of the intakes out there... but generally that just means that Nissan's oem design was pretty good... not much of a strangle point. Looking at the exhaust, though, I'm thinking there will be some room to pick up some extra in there.

·
Registered
839 Posts
It's confirmed. The Injen does fit the 6 speed fine, no problems.

Read more in my facelift thread. - Dano

1 - 14 of 14 Posts