Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my new wheels on yesterday, and with the +15 offset in the rear the stock nuts are sunk in over an inch! I need to get new nuts anyway, but I just thought mentioning this would help some. Anything special needed? I was thinking those Gorilla nuts like I've used many times before. I want them all to be "keyed" lock nuts, which the Gorilla's are.

Here's the front...

The rear...

And just for fun...

·
Registered
277 Posts
with tuner wheels you need to use tuner nuts, the oem nuts have a different seating

·
2,084 Posts
I agree the Aluminum lug nuts kick tail. When you reduce the rolling weight that much it is impressive. I got some for my Honda Fit in anodized blue. They weigh next to nothing.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If they come in the locking style like I'm asking about, then I might go for the aluminum ones, but it's not that important to me.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
To answer a couple of other questions, they are 15x7's front and rear with a +38 offset in front and +15 offset in the rear. They weigh 12 lbs each. I'm running the stock Toyo A20 tires, however with the 1" wider wheels, the sidewalls are more perpendicular to the ground and actually makes turn-in and response more crisp. These tires no longer feel mushy and sloppy like they did on the stock wheels. And with the wheels being quite lighter than the stock steelies, acceleration is notably sharper too.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well I just ordered a set of Muteki Blue Open Spline lug nuts. They are aluminum and require the "key" socket.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Any chance you can post some shots showing the relationship of the wheel to the fender? do they stick out? are they in? I'm looking at some 16x8 +15 all around.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
CubeRich said:
Any chance you can post some shots showing the relationship of the wheel to the fender? do they stick out? are they in? I'm looking at some 16x8 +15 all around.
I have a project thread in the "My Cube" section if you want to discuss this further. I'd like to keep things on topic if you know what I mean.

Just to let you know though, +15 all around will most definitely stick out in the front and in the back being that you want to go with 8" wide wheels. Mine are 7's, are well within the fender in the front (+38) and come out almost flush in the rear (+15). I'll take some quality pics this weekend. All I have at the moment are iPhone pics...

·
Registered
839 Posts
CubeRich said:
15mm offset in an 8" will stick out. You're better off using 38mm. - Dan

·
Registered
99 Posts
so you got the short muteki nuts??

any pics of your sunken Blue Nuts??

edit, you 'Ordered' them, hope you got the long ones, (they have 2 diff lenghts)

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
InYubaSha said:
so you got the short muteki nuts??

any pics of your sunken Blue Nuts??

edit, you 'Ordered' them, hope you got the long ones, (they have 2 diff lenghts)
Yes, I got the short nuts, and yes I know they have different lengths. I went with the short ones because they are still longer than the stock ones, and I didn't want the long ones where they're sticking out of the front wheels an inch.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Starbuck said:
Usually getting one size larger underwear allieviate blue nuts :eek:
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I got my blue nuts!! LOL Anyway, just got them put on a little while ago. Thankfully, they're not too obvious, which is exactly what I was looking for.

As always, some pics...

Front...

Rear...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts