Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if I did the right thing getting the extended warranty. It cost just under $2000 for an extra 5 years. The warranty lists lots of exceptions though and of course there are the deductibles. The dealer told me that if I didn't have a claim 8 years from now that I would get my money back, but I now see that I will only get $1000 back. Other parts of the policy are just vague or complicated. Some parts seem OK to really good but it's really hard to know what will or won't get covered when the time comes.

I should have asked the dealer if she would encourage a relative or close friend to buy this. Anyone have experience with the extended warranty or can comment?

·
Registered
40 Posts
I just cancelled mine. I always read online that they are a waste of money so i took it back. I also realized that i have never used an extended warranty. Plus MOST people swap their car b4 the warranty can even be used. So just think are you one of those people? either way tho. IMO its a waste.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I never get ext warranty on my cars (Niss, Toy, Honda). In general if you drive normal and take care of your car, it will (most likely) have no problem (major).
You will have small issues here and there but $2000 from your own money will cover it.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just cancelled yesterday. Thanks everybody. Now I have to wait a month for my refund. But I feel better already.

·
Registered
839 Posts
It's a good idea to read the extended warranty with a fine tooth comb, and when you do, you will quickly realize they're not worth the paper they're printed on. From my own personal experience I will never buy or encourage anyone to purchase an extended warranty. - Dan

·
Registered
194 Posts
In a way, I think is good to buy extended warranty during negotiation. They will feel they can make money from you in another way so may give you better price on the car. Afterward, one can cancel it. But that just my guess...I haven't done or heard anyone who has tried. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts