Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
A funny thing happened the other day . . .

My expensive German auto was in the shop. Needed to get a rental. Went to Avis. Cheapest thing was this weird looking CUBE (2009 1.8S). Rented it. Been driving it 3 days. Love it. Joined this website. Shopping to buy one now. I am amazed at the functionality and quirkiness.

I'll probably try to get a deal on leftover 2009s (still plenty in dealer inventory).

Q1: Is it better to buy the S and replace wheels later, or bite the bullet now and just get the SL?

Q2: What's the best way to add integrated NAV with rear view camera to a 2009?

Thanks!

Bluebonnet

·
Registered
929 Posts
Right on! It is a great vehicle, isn't it? One drive & people seem to get hooked. Sorry I don't have answers to your q's but welcome anyway!

·
Registered
715 Posts
OMG a rent a cube lol! that sound funny :D
but hey if that drive you to buy one more power for it he he! good luck chossing the special one man keep us updated once you get it

·
Registered
194 Posts
Go get what you really want as long as you can afford it!!!! Will cause you more money to upgrade later.
Many years ago, I should have gotten a EX Accord instead of LX. The EX had better sounds system, alloy wheels, moonroof. All these adds up to 10% more ($2000).
Paying the car over 5 years do not mean much in terms of monthyl payment. Unless you are the type that wants to do some serious modification to interior or performance.
In that case I suggest you to go with 1.8S (don't get the base)

I was just at Costco yesterday and they are offering $3000 of all 2010 Cubes in my area (Sacramento).
Hope this will help you land a good deal.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Response to Q1:

I bit the bullet and bought the S model. I love everything about the vehicle and I would prefer to buy aftermarket rims instead of the OEM. I did like the AC controls and auto lights with the SL but in the end, I ended up with the S.

Can't answer Q2 yet

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for your thoughts. I did get the SL. Factory rims and radio are plenty good for now. That means I'll try to get by with my Droid - based GPS (it is very good). It all seems to integrate reasonably well with the Bluetooth phone.

So, I'm very content and pleased with what I have.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts