Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Just wanna ask should I check the trans fluid while engine on or off.

It's a 2003 cube, 4AT. It's a import car from Japan to Australia. Didn't come with the log book manuel etc. I looks it up internet everywhere but no luck.

I even contact Nissan local. they petty much saying import car is not their business and walk away lol

Also ask couple of mechanics, some said on some said off....so anyone can give me an official corrent answer please.

Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
I don't think it matters with CVT if it's on or off, because the manufacturer says it's a sealed no fill necessary system. However, I've been told that it's best to change the filter and the trans oil every 20,000 miles, because of excessive metal wear from the middle belt which is metal.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't think it matters with CVT if it's on or off, because the manufacturer says it's a sealed no fill necessary system. However, I've been told that it's best to change the filter and the trans oil every 20,000 miles, because of excessive metal wear from the middle belt which is metal.

Thanks for your reply. Sorry I may not describle clear enough. It's a 4AT verstion so is not CVT gear box. I have got a transmission stick at the front same as the engine checking stick

1 - 4 of 4 Posts