Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many of you guys have lowered the cube and kept the same shocks that came with the cube? How does the ride feel?

Thanks

·
Registered
839 Posts
There seems to be several folks who have lowered their Cube using springs (like Megans) but there's been very little chatter on ride etc. There are also a few who have recently bought coilovers but again, no word on these either. But maybe something soon. - Dan

·
Registered
715 Posts
tokico,s over here! :yes:
after you lower the cube with megans alone it only takes a couple of months for your oem shocks to give up completely and soon your ride will start to feel very harsh....and sudenly every little hole on the road feels like someone hit you in the ass lol!

after the tokico,s the ride went back to smooth oem feel but actually more firmer at strong curves so i really like it.

it also depends a lot on what type of tires you are runing...i have 35 tire series so its just about a rubber band
a lot of us have 40 to 45 series on jdm type wheels which i am sure the ride doesnt get affected as much

your oem shocks are not made to handle the lowering pressure of the megans or tanabes

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I actually just got my ride lowered today with megan racing spring and so far the ride is good if not better than before. I am going to keep the stock shocks as long as the ride is good. If i notice any difference than i will get the Tokico shocks.

·
Registered
671 Posts
TrevorS said:
1HoTCuBe said:
my stock struts are holding up fine with the megans so far..about a good 6 months so far..knock on wood..
How low is the drop compared to OE?
molejao43 said:
I actually just got my ride lowered today with megan racing spring and so far the ride is good if not better than before. I am going to keep the stock shocks as long as the ride is good. If i notice any difference than i will get the Tokico shocks.
Here is the Megan description including drop with the Versa:
Nissan Versa 06+
Model Number : MR-LS-NV06
Megan Racing Performance Lowering Springs are constructed of SAE 9254 Cold Wounded Steel, one of the strongest materials available. The high tensile strength and phosphate powder coating delivers outstanding spring rates that are extremely durable and resist premature “sagging”.
The result is a spring that specifically offers racecar handling, yet maintains smooth and comfortable ride characteristics. Carefully matched springs rates provide exceptional handling, response, control and balance. These springs offer a generous drop to your car while remaining very “streetable” by having enough clearance to avoid bottoming-out; and the lowered center of gravity improves performance and increases stability, as well as enhancing the appearance of the vehicle. (Note: Spring rates and drop amount vary by different vehicle application and chassis load.)

Spec:
- Color: Orange
- Lower rate: 2" Front, 1.75" Rear
- Springs rate: 250F & 220R
- MSRP: $149
What's the drop with the Cube?

·
Registered
839 Posts
TrevorS said:
I would imagine they are about the same. There's only a 66lb weight difference between the two. - Dan

·
Registered
671 Posts
Square1 said:
TrevorS said:
I would imagine they are about the same. There's only a 66lb weight difference between the two. - Dan
Thanks, Dan -- sounds like the OE struts/shocks probably have a decent shot at survival then :)! It'll be interesting to see what people's experiences are.

·
Registered
16 Posts
i was bottoming out my stock rear shocks so I replaced em with some KYB's for a 2000 Toyota Sienna minivan. the top bolts right in like stock. On the bottom you gotta make a bushing. cake. rides great, and doesn't bottom out anymore.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts