Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased the nosemask (bra) for my cube. I wasn't able to insert the final tabs that are supposed to go right underneath the grille. I figured I had to lift or remove the grille, but I was not successful. Any help would be great. Thanks!

·
Registered
167 Posts
I just took my grille out today to paint it. There are 4 plastic screws that you need to carefully take out. It isn't hard but they will fly off and the you get to hunt for them. There are 2 tabs at the top corners that you can use a screwdriver or needle nose pliers to move sideways as you pull grille towards you. Once those are loose take a long flat head screw driver between car and grille and there are 4 long tabs that you must depress downward as you pull the bottom of the grille towards you. you may think it is going to break because of the sounds and pressure but you should be fine. hope this helps.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Is that the Nissan nose mask? How is the quality is it good felt lined vinyl? When driving is it staying in place no fluttering.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
@240c-Well I don't really have any past experiences with nosemasks, but what I can tell you is that it definitely helps protect the front. Now, when I have seen other cars with nosemasks on, they seem to fit perfectly, nice and tight. Mine on the other hand, has some fairly loose spots, like on both left and right sides above the wheel wells. I thought that it was supposed to fit real tight, like some bad leather pants. :D ( I did put it on myself though, but I think I did a pretty good job...)

Now I have a question, do any of you know if it is normal or safe for water to seep beneath the cloth (nosemask)? Like I mentioned already, my zorro mask doesn't go on cube-tight. I read somewhere that it can mess up the paint if water stays trapped under there for a while. :-\

Here are some pics. I took off the top part of the nosemask that goes on the edge of the hood, as well as the hubs. I like changing up my cubes look quite often seeing as I can't really afford aftermarket parts right now. What can I say, I'm a playa on a budget! :D

Attachments

·
Registered
130 Posts
Just keep a good coat of wax on ware the mask sits it should be okay. If it sits for long time with out driving it I would remove it. But for every day use it should be okay. When you drive the car it will whisk the water out. I have had nose bras on my Honda's. Never had a paint issue.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts