Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking that would be a great idea if Nissan can have something like that to replace not very good looking Quest.
The Cube van will be spacious and have the look that stands out.

Perhaps little larger (extended) version of Cube with third row bench and 2.4L engine will do work. The key is to keep the mpg and cool factor.

·
Registered
394 Posts
There IS a longer version, just not here in the US. In Japan there is, or at least was, the Cube 3 or Cube Squared. Had third row seats. Don't know if they build it yet or not.

I'm not 100% sure of this info, but have seen pics on the internet. Maybe someone else will know more.

·
2,084 Posts
I hate minivans!

I would not drive anything even remotely resembling one or could be construed as one.

I know some people talk about convenience, however I will give up comfort for originality and imagination.

·
Registered
394 Posts
I really like the Ford Flex, but they go over 40 Grand with the right equipment. I can't afford that and don't need anything that big. If money were no object I could get to like one of those, but the Cube is more my style. It's not for everyone and it is easily changed to suit individual taste.............just like the old Scion xb.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Haha, don't take this wrong Christine...

The Fit looks like a scaled down Odyssey with no sliding doors....

And just directed to the general public.... screw the Quest, let's get an Elgrand!

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Regarding to the Flex, I truly think that car lacks styling and is way too large.
Perhaps if someone can do a photoshop of a Cube minivan, we can see if we really like it.
Unfortunately, I am best person that does photoshop. :(

·
Registered
38 Posts
You gotta admire Christine's restraint. I thought she would've piled on us for Cube/Fit/minivan comments by now. The Force is strong with this one..

·
Registered
38 Posts
I like it. If the Cube catches on here like the Mini did, I could see a stretched version ala Mini Clubman. The Cubic looks like it has plenty of room for bikes in the back, which appeals to me. Stability may be compromised, though. The 'perfect square' profile the Cube has on the road surely contributes to the composure I experienced on my test drive in high winds.

·
Registered
394 Posts
All I now is I don't fit any particular mold...............I like what I like, regardless of the times............my spirit is still lost somewhere in the 1960's/70's, but I like the way these newer vehicles and the built-in safety features and easy customizing have come along...........let's face it.......................the older vehicles..........as fond as I am of them................were death traps.................heavy metal with a "take a chance" outcome. Todays vehicles are not necessarily as nostalgic, but are much safer..........regardless of what the critics (my older brothers and anti-import) folks would have you believe.

I always try to remind them............you can die in any vehicle, but they keep emphasizing size. They don't seem to realize we all need to drive smaller vehicles................most of us could.

I'm not anti-american............I like the cars we build now....................just don't see the need for most of us to drive them.
If you can afford the price, fuel and insurance................go for it............I'll look for cheaper costs overall..........................
phht,phht,p[hht.................

·
2,084 Posts
none said:
Too late. It's called the Ford Flex.
I agree 100% :D

Rubik said:
Haha, don't take this wrong Christine...

The Fit looks like a scaled down Odyssey with no sliding doors..
The Fit has been called a Micro Van in many posts on Fit forums. But I agree on its resemblance to the Odyssey

Looks more like this

Honda Odyssey :D Uncanny right? I used the 2008 for comparison :p closer match :yes:

·
Registered
263 Posts
Doesn't bother me. I was a member of Zilvia while. Everyone knows of the legendary elitism of Zilvia... such a negative place. It wouldn't bother me to have the Fit compared with the Oddysey, but I did want to build a VIP Oddysey for a long time, and even thought about a Toyota Previa. To me there is nothing wrong with Japanese Mini-vans, but American Mini-Vans suck. Mom actually sold the Windstar and bought a Versa.... which strangely seems that Nissan tried it's hardest to copy directly off of the Fit and failed. Oh well.... at least I like the Versa's Powertrain :roll:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Rubik said:
Mom actually sold the Windstar and bought a Versa.... which strangely seems that Nissan tried it's hardest to copy directly off of the Fit and failed. Oh well.... at least I like the Versa's Powertrain :roll:
The Versa is based on the Renault Megane, a very popular car in Europe.

·
Registered
929 Posts
Don't tell me American minvans suck. Dodge Caravan is the best minivan out there, and invented the category. It was the best selling minvan for quite some time.

·
Registered
38 Posts
none said:
Don't tell me American minvans suck. Dodge Caravan is the best minivan out there, and invented the category. It was the best selling minvan for quite some time.
The Odyssey and Toyota Sienna have topped the Caravan/Town & Country in comparos numerous times, but I agree that saying they 'suck' is unreasonable. My brother has had a Caravan for years and likes it fine.

·
Registered
929 Posts
I fully understand the Toyota topping Dodge's products in reviews. The Sienna costs roughly $10,000 more... that buys a whole lot of goodness. Not to mention the popular misconception that Toyotas are more reliable (never mind the growing list of recalls Toy has had).

1 - 20 of 31 Posts