Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the past few days as I am walking away from my cube and press the button on my key to lock the doors I have noticed that the horn no longer sounds. It always did before, but now it has stopped. The doors are still locking just fine. Does anybody have any idea why this is? Could it be a low battery in the key?

·
Registered
163 Posts
Could you have accidentally pushed both buttons at the same time. If so, you would have changed the horn mode as described in the owners manual on page 3.8 as excerpted below:

Setting hazard indicator and horn mode

This vehicle is set in hazard indicator and horn mode when you first receive the vehicle. In hazard indicator and horn mode, when the LOCK button is pushed, the hazard indicator flashes twice and the horn chirps once.
When the UNLOCK button is pushed, the hazard indicator flashes once. If the horn chirp is not necessary, you can switch to hazard indicator only mode by following the switching procedure.

Switching procedure: To switch the hazard indicator and horn operation, push the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons on the keyfob simultaneously for more than 2 seconds.

I hope it is something that simple. Good luck with it.

Guy

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank You Guy. I bet this is it. I can just picture in my mind my 2 year old getting my keys and doing this. Thank you for reading the owners manual for me!

·
Registered
839 Posts
Hope you got it reset the way you like it.

But this post brings something to mind for me.

Has anyone here noticed a very light chirp from their horn for no reason what so ever?

Mine does this quite often. After I get out of the car and begin walking away the horn will sound very lightly. At first I thought it was just my imagination since my wife said she didn't here it. So I had her put on her listening ears and pay close attention and now she hears it too. It will also do this at random, today as I was waxing it the horn sounded out lightly. I think my cube's haunted...LOL - Dan

OH BTW, this isn't something new. It's done this from day one.

·
Registered
99 Posts
thanks Moonbus!!

as I am alergic to reading paper materials, ;) I haven't unzipped the owners manual.

it'll be great to use my key remote at nite without disturbing the neighbors,
(been using the lock button on the door)

·
2,084 Posts
Mine beeps 4 times if the car is running and the key in my purse and I exit the vehicle and walk away. I dont know what it means.

·
Registered
163 Posts
ChristineK,

I don't have the Intelligent Key system, but could this be a description of your situation?

Taken from the Owners Manual, page 3-15.

Symptom:

When closing the door after getting out of the vehicle The Intelligent Key system warning light in the meter blinks in yellow, and the outside chime
sounds 3 times and the inside warning chime sounds for a few seconds.

Possible Cause:

The ignition switch is in the ACC or ON position.

Action To Take

Push the ignition switch to the OFF position.

Guy

·
2,084 Posts
probably, I dont think it is a symptom though. I just figured the car was acknowledging "Hey, why you leaving and I'm still running :roll:"

:p

·
Registered
671 Posts
Square1 said:
Hope you got it reset the way you like it.

But this post brings something to mind for me.

Has anyone here noticed a very light chirp from their horn for no reason what so ever?

Mine does this quite often. After I get out of the car and begin walking away the horn will sound very lightly. At first I thought it was just my imagination since my wife said she didn't here it. So I had her put on her listening ears and pay close attention and now she hears it too. - Dan
I think it's saying it's missing you already ;D!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts