Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
140 Posts
sign me up. i want :yes: :yes: :yes:
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
2,084 Posts
I don't have my Cube to open the hood and look but that hole must be drilled in the fender lip. But it uses the hood mounts on the other end.

This will be a very easy mod to do and a quality addition. I will help you do it Coolguy :yes:

This hood is light too so I completely think that a strut on one side, the "prop" side by design would work too.

A trip to Autozone, and Home Depot and you can do this mod yourself. You need to understand a Strut's PSI lift and its throw length or you could damage your hood or open it really fast. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
336 Posts
ChristineK said:
I don't have my Cube to open the hood and look but that hole must be drilled in the fender lip. But it uses the hood mounts on the other end.

This will be a very easy mod to do and a quality addition. I will help you do it Coolguy :yes:

This hood is light too so I completely think that a strut on one side, the "prop" side by design would work too.

A trip to Autozone, and Home Depot and you can do this mod yourself. You need to understand a Strut's PSI lift and its throw length or you could damage your hood or open it really fast. :D
lol, yeah, i would be afraid to damage something! but the bf is pretty keen on this sort of thing, so i'm sure with his and your help i could do it with no problems :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
123 Posts
NGR Innovations. They are $150 for the CF ones and $130 for non CF. It looks like you get two of them. At this price I'd buddy up with someone, go Dutch and split them, just using one.

http://www.getnrg.com/products/index.php#block7

Now I'm not P%##y whipped but I don't really want to have the conversation with my wife where I convince her I need $150 for hood dampers. Ya should have seen the look on her face when I explained the DIY ripple hooks. That look said one thing, "F^$king loser!". LOL!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
159 Posts
Nigal said:
NGR Innovations. They are $150 for the CF ones and $130 for non CF. It looks like you get two of them. At this price I'd buddy up with someone, go Dutch and split them, just using one.

http://www.getnrg.com/products/index.php#block7

Now I'm not P%##y whipped but I don't really want to have the conversation with my wife where I convince her I need $150 for hood dampers. Ya should have seen the look on her face when I explained the DIY ripple hooks. That look said one thing, "F^$king loser!". LOL!
Don't let the wife spoil your fun. Just open a separate PayPal account with PayPal Credit Card so you can sell her S#!T on Ebay to fill the account with money and problem solved. :p

Dink
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
123 Posts
dink74 said:
Nigal said:
NGR Innovations. They are $150 for the CF ones and $130 for non CF. It looks like you get two of them. At this price I'd buddy up with someone, go Dutch and split them, just using one.

http://www.getnrg.com/products/index.php#block7

Now I'm not P%##y whipped but I don't really want to have the conversation with my wife where I convince her I need $150 for hood dampers. Ya should have seen the look on her face when I explained the DIY ripple hooks. That look said one thing, "F^$king loser!". LOL!
Don't let the wife spoil your fun. Just open a separate PayPal account with PayPal Credit Card so you can sell her S#!T on Ebay to fill the account with money and problem solved. :p

Dink
Yeah that's it! I mean, she won't notice her jewelry missing if it's gone one piece at a time, right? This is a slippery slope here. I could end up a Cube mod tweeker.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
159 Posts
Nigal said:
dink74 said:
Nigal said:
NGR Innovations. They are $150 for the CF ones and $130 for non CF. It looks like you get two of them. At this price I'd buddy up with someone, go Dutch and split them, just using one.

http://www.getnrg.com/products/index.php#block7

Now I'm not P%##y whipped but I don't really want to have the conversation with my wife where I convince her I need $150 for hood dampers. Ya should have seen the look on her face when I explained the DIY ripple hooks. That look said one thing, "F^$king loser!". LOL!
Jewelry works if it is the crap she never wears but you could start with the Shoes she had to have and than carried around all night because they made her feet hurt, or the dress that made her butt look big. All of that crap will go to another poor sucker she will never know and you will be rolling in reclaimed cash.

Dink
Don't let the wife spoil your fun. Just open a separate PayPal account with PayPal Credit Card so you can sell her S#!T on Ebay to fill the account with money and problem solved. :p

Dink
Yeah that's it! I mean, she won't notice her jewelry missing if it's gone one piece at a time, right? This is a slippery slope here. I could end up a Cube mod tweeker.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
150 Posts
Ok What the heck I go away for two days and look what happens. Wife bashing and scandal. You men shape up!! LOL
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
715 Posts
:D :D :D :D
ok reading this just gave me a good laugh!
those dampers are truly easy to put on.
i think it took them about 20 min. and both dampers were on
they used the dampers for the carbon fiber hoods since the oem hood is very light
but dont be fooled the carbon hood is even lighter :yes:
i can see if nrg will be willing to do a group by maybe the price can go down for them dampers, i let you guys know
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top