Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you have to remove the high brake light, it's not quite as simple as the shop manual says. Yes, you do remove the interior trim piece and the two nuts holding the light in place. When you try to pull/push the light out of the body, you will find that it does not move.

The problem is that there is a sticky, black sealant between the light and the rear door. You have to go all around the light from the outside and break that seal between the light and the body. I used plastic removal tools to break that joint and remove the light. If I can't find the actual replacement goo, I'll use silicone sealant when I put the light back in.

I plan to run my backup camera and XM antenna wires through the opening for the light to keep them mostly out of sight.

·
Registered
179 Posts
A little OT but I'm considering removing my inside rear view mirror and replacing with a camera and screen. Maybe you've done some research and might be able to help me. Will the b/u camera work a full duty cycle or are they only for intermittent? I'm taller than the average bear and the mirror is in my line of sight. I've rotated it 180* which raises it about a half an inch and I removed it for a while which works great but kinda like having that view. Any ideas? :-\ Thanks. 8)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts