Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys does any one know the oem numbers on the stock alternator. i want to get a new one and send it to ohio gen to get it rebulit to 200amp. for the system im doing. so if any one has any info on this so i can go to auto zone and get one.

thanks for all the help every one

·
Registered
170 Posts
I am not sure the info you need but be careful when you upgrade your alternator. A guy at the local audio shop installed a high output alternator and they ended up ripping it out and opting with an additional battery or two b/c for some reason the alternator made the vehicle go whacky.

It ended up being more trouble than it was worth. I am not certain as to why this occurred but when I called to ask about upgrading mine the guy said to go the extra battery route based on their troubles with the first high amp alternator install.

I am sure it can be done but thats just from my installers experience.

·
Registered
253 Posts
A couple of the things that sucks about HO alternators is that they don't put out that 200 amps until you hit about 2500-3000 rpm's. Also, most HO alternators actually put out less amps than stock units at lower rpm's!

I wouldn't bother with HO alt's unless you plan on doing dB drags with your system, which is really the only time you need them. For normal, everyday systems, something like a good 5, 15 or 50 Farad Alumapro cap will do the trick. That and hefty power and ground cables.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts