Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had any problems with the sound of the door lock actuator in the rear hatch of the cube? Mine is always like RRRRRRRRR whenever I lock or unlock the cube. I'm finally going to have a chance to take it to the dealer. It's louder than the horn, and embarrassing. I'm also going to have them look at the rear brakes, because the drums are ridiculously loud. Of the course the guy at the service desk said he's heard of no other complaints.... even though people complain constantly online about the brake drum squeal. Just wondering about your situations with the hatch locks.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Hmmm... this is the first I hear of this. I do know there was some kind of recall out on the rear door handle. Did you have that done yet? If not, that might just be the ticket.

As far as the breaks go, mine do not squeal (yet?) but I only have just over 3k miles on mine.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't know if it's part of the handle recall, because as far as I know it was about the actual handle breaking off. I plan on telling them to do the service bulletins as well. They shouldn't mind... easy book hours for the mechanic.

My brakes started at around 800mi, but others said it started at around 2500+

·
Registered
5 Posts
Did you ever find out why the rear door lock is making that noise?
Mine started sporadically a month or so ago.
Sometimes it sounds normal.
Sometimes it makes a louder thud, but still sounds normal.
Lately it makes a horrible sound as you described. Almost like a buzzer sound or gears grinding.
I had my daughter and her friend in the car, when I removed the key from the ignition and the door automatically unlocked making the horrid noise, they both jumped off the seat. Funny scene, but very annoying. My fear is that I take it to the dealer and it does not happen when they try it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Do you have anymore info on the warranty itself? Mine does the same thing and my Nissan Dealership is horrible. It took 3 years to convince them I wasn't crazy and they should replace my transmission. I need some evidence to bring to these dicks. Please.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Has anyone had any problems with the sound of the door lock actuator in the rear hatch of the cube? Mine is always like RRRRRRRRR whenever I lock or unlock the cube. I'm finally going to have a chance to take it to the dealer. It's louder than the horn, and embarrassing. I'm also going to have them look at the rear brakes, because the drums are ridiculously loud. Of the course the guy at the service desk said he's heard of no other complaints.... even though people complain constantly online about the brake drum squeal. Just wondering about your situations with the hatch locks.
Yesss! My cube is a 2010 and I had the same problem, I took it to the dealer and unfortunately there is a recall but not for my year. The mechanism in the latch was not responding, every time I would try to lock it it would make a very loud noise (errrrrrrrrrrrr) and would not open. It was an easy fix and I paid $547.00 in total. It’s an easy fix if you are mechanical.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts