Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After months of reading, I finally took the time to become official.
I bought my '09 last summer on the last day of Cash for Clunkers.
I hated to trade in my 19 year old Montero which gave me 19 great years. :(
Since I had already been riding around in a box for 19 years, the logical next car
was the Cube. It was exactly the right choice for me. :yes:

I now need to join Cube Anonymous to do something about my addiction.

I love this car! It's a road legal go-kart.

Anyway, glad to be here. 8)

·
Registered
117 Posts
Welcome! :D

I am glad you found this forum. There are lots of helpful people and lots of great information! Do you plan on doing any mods? Also pictures are nice!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You know... I really love the look of the car so much that I can't see any room for improvement. :D

I first thought I wanted to customize in some way, but six months after owning it, I still like it the way it is. I know that one day I'll probably do some mods, but until then I'll just enjoy looking at other people's mods. ;)

I have to admit that I've enjoyed owning one early on. I think if the Cube ever develops the popularity of the VW bug or PT cruiser which you see on every corner, I wouldn't like them nearly as much.

I test drove lots of vehicles before buying, but nothing could touch the Cube with roominess and head room. I am extremely long waisted and my head touched the ceiling on most new cars because of their slantedness and aerodynamics.

·
Registered
671 Posts
A great choice of vehicle dude, but cuber, not cubist :)! Picasso and the art world already has the corner on "cubist" and "cubism", so no point in adding to the confusion by poaching. This is a family of cubers and this car cubes just fine ;D!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Point well taken, though Cubism art and a Cubist can be two different things. ;)
Defining ist...
IST which means ONE WHO & THAT WHICH. It is easily added to nouns, as, art - artIST.

Biologist : biolog IST (bie ol’ o jist) n.
One versed in biology, the science of living things

Bigamist : bigam IST (big’ a mist) n.
One married to two wives at the same time

Chemist : chem. IST (kem’ ist) n.
One well versed in chemistry, the science of the composition of substances

Dentist : dent IST (dent’ ist) n.
One who practices dentistry, the care of teeth

Evangelist : evangel IST (ee van’ je list) n.
One who rouses religious fervor

Cubist : (Cube' IST)
One immersed in Cube car culture. The nonobjective movement developed in the 21st century, characterized by the reduction and fragmentation of boring car forms into cube-shaped, often modified vehicles that frequently evoke reactions of neck turning, smiling and finger pointing. One who is characterized by being separated from the status quo by owning a Cube and evoking the artist's primary interest--the structure of form itself.

Art squared.
;D

·
Registered
163 Posts
Rubix wrote:

Cubist : (Cube' IST)
One immersed in Cube car culture. The nonobjective movement developed in the 21st century, characterized by the reduction and fragmentation of boring car forms into cube-shaped, often modified vehicles that frequently evoke reactions of neck turning, smiling and finger pointing. One who is characterized by being separated from the status quo by owning a Cube and evoking the artist's primary interest--the structure of form itself.

Absolutely Fantastic!

I think we should change the spelling to Qubist and make it into a banner for the site.

Isn't this a quote from "The Book of Qube, Chapter 1, Verse 1" ?

Great work, Rubix

Guy

1 - 7 of 7 Posts