Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all.

I'm a Datsun/Nissan fanatic. 8) I just got over owning two DSM's (Eclipse/Talon), and Im going back to my roots. I used to own a half dozen 280 zx's

I just bought a Cube this year and I also have a 2009 Nissan Versa 4 sedan hopefully top be spec'd by Impul by year end.

My girl lady has a 3000GT currently in the garage getting a TT swap. ;)

I hope to have a lot of fun with my Cuba and Versa.

Dan
DanblackRacing.com

·
Registered
671 Posts
danblackracing said:
Hey all.

I'm a Datsun/Nissan fanatic. 8) I just got over owning two DSM's (Eclipse/Talon), and Im going back to my roots. I used to own a half dozen 280 zx's

I just bought a Cube this year and I also have a 2009 Nissan Versa 4 sedan hopefully top be spec'd by Impul by year end.

My girl lady has a 3000GT currently in the garage getting a TT swap. ;)

I hope to have a lot of fun with my Cuba and Versa.

Dan
DanblackRacing.com
Geez, you had Eclipse/Talons and your lady has a 3000GT and is getting a twin turbo swap? Did she decide she needed bigger turbos?

In any case, congrats on the Cube, though I'm guessing there's a touch of culture shock :)!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is weird going from low and wide to the Cube and Versa, LOL!

We have other cars on the horizon. We will get a 1999-2002 Vette so we will both have low and wide all Summer, and tall and narrow for winter, lol.

The Versa and Cube will be lightly modified to keep the 'winterable', unless she really doesn't enjoy the Versa (then Ill go all out on it). She is still learning to drive the 5speed it has. :-D

·
Registered
671 Posts
Oh dear :(! A 3000GT and she can't drive a manual? To me, that's a really sad situation. Makes me wonder why she's interested in performance vehicles if she can't navigate performance controls. Still, I was genuinely rocked when I learned the 1992+ versions of Eclipse GSX actually offered an automatic transmission. I guess that was when I concluded it all comes down to appearances, not performance. That was a real downer for me :sick:.

PS. Sorry, I don't mean to be critical of your lady, and I apologize if I come across that way. It's just hard to accept that a car designed for performance would be selected (and even marketed) for appearances instead. Guess I'm just some sort of old school :(!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The 3000 is a automatic. Our Versa and Cube are standards. She is learning the 5speed Versa quite well. Only stalled it twice in 4 drives! ;) No one ever took the time to show her how to drive it and she bought the 3000Gt before I met her.

We are converting the 3000GT to a manual as well as adding the TT. iI just wont be an AWD so it'll be a 400hp FWD nice sleeper SL ;).

I have to say the Versa 5speed is extremely tight for a base-ish car.; the pedal span is VERY short; the shifter is average. The Cube 6speed feels like a semi; the through and pedal distances are quite far.

dbR

·
Registered
671 Posts
danblackracing said:
The 3000 is a automatic. Our Versa and Cube are standards. She is learning the 5speed Versa quite well. Only stalled it twice in 4 drives! ;) No one ever took the time to show her how to drive it and she bought the 3000Gt before I met her.

We are converting the 3000GT to a manual as well as adding the TT. iI just wont be an AWD so it'll be a 400hp FWD nice sleeper SL ;).

I have to say the Versa 5speed is extremely tight for a base-ish car.; the pedal span is VERY short; the shifter is average. The Cube 6speed feels like a semi; the through and pedal distances are quite far.

dbR
Converting the 3000GT to a manual? Wow -- that's a level of commitment I'd never have imagined :)! My hat's off to both you and your lady and I'm earnestly wishing you both the utmost in enjoyment with your cars, Cube and all :)!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts