Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am strongly considering buying a Cube. I love the funky look.

I test drove one and liked how it handled, but I am still thinking about it. One big drawback is no heated seats. My last two cars - a VW New Beetle that I drove for 6 years and a Smart Car that I have had for mre than 3 years - had heated seats. Heated seats make up for less than adequate heaters. When the temps get down to minus 40 like they do here in Edmonton, heat is important.

At any rate, I will nose around the various sections in the Forum and see what others have to say about the Cube. I will consider the pros and cons before deciding. I am travelling alot for work these days, so likely won't have time to really buy anything until March or April.

Is there anyone else here from Edmonton area?

·
Registered
410 Posts
jollywa said:
I am strongly considering buying a Cube. I love the funky look.

I test drove one and liked how it handled, but I am still thinking about it. One big drawback is no heated seats. My last two cars - a VW New Beetle that I drove for 6 years and a Smart Car that I have had for mre than 3 years - had heated seats. Heated seats make up for less than adequate heaters. When the temps get down to minus 40 like they do here in Edmonton, heat is important.

At any rate, I will nose around the various sections in the Forum and see what others have to say about the Cube. I will consider the pros and cons before deciding. I am travelling alot for work these days, so likely won't have time to really buy anything until March or April.

Is there anyone else here from Edmonton area?
hello neighbour, b.c. here, there is another member here that lives in edmonton can't remember who. there is also prior bug owners and smart car owners, and now they are cube owners. just buy seat cushions that heat up :yes:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Welcome to the board. I'm from Devon, so close enough. Bought my Cube just after Christmas and I've got no regrets.
I've never got on board with heated seats. I've ridden in multiple cars with them and find that by the time I really notice the heat in the seat it's already warm in the car.

·
Registered
50 Posts
@jollywa

Hey there! Calgary guy here... :)
Yeah, the lack of heated seats is a bit of a drawback, but like Hana said, I'll just be getting a set of heated seat elements and putting them underneath the Clazzio seat covers (...when I get them.......)

@ Espresso

Devon hey? I spent the first seven years of my live on a little acreage on Woodbend Road!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts