Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone.

I've just purchased a used Nissan Cube Kaizen1.6 petrol (2010 model) in the uk and was wondering if anyone can assist? I returned form work this evening and found that my heater/aircon vents didn't seem to be pushing much air out? After messing about with the various settings for a bit i looked under the dash and found that the cog that links the paddles on the heater assembly had fallen off! I managed to get this cog back on in the correct position i think! The problem is is i cant apply enough pressure to get the cog to click onto the pin that its mounted on!! Has anyone else had this problem and if so how did they fix it? I've contacted the dealer i bought the vehicle from and they will sort it out for me but this dealer is a 2 hour drive away and if there's a simple solution i would attempt the fix myself. Any help/advice would be appreciated.

If anyone could post a photograph of the heater/aircon where the cog is located it would be a big help to confirm I've placed the cog in the correct postion (turn the heater/aircon to heat feet only). I believe the cog will be located on the front passenger side on the American version

This link is a picture of said cog

http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/5568

·
Registered
582 Posts
I don't think a dealer would have an issue or charge you for popping it back on.

Pejay66

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Update,

Took the car back to the dealer and they state they need to order a new cog! They believe that the cog is missing a clip of some sort that holds it in place? I explained that the Cog has a small lip that appears to click into place on the pin its mounted on. The problem being that the pin its mounted on in my opinion is not protruding through the heater/vent trunking enough to allow the cog to click in place?? (1.5 hr drive to dealer where car purchased!!) Anyway I decided to get a second opinion and took the car to my local Nissan dealer and its booked in 01/04/11. While I was there I had a look at a cube on the forecourt there and noted that there is no clip holding the cog in place which tends to make me think my assumption about the pin is correct? I will explain this to my local dealer while I'm there tomorrow. Watch this space?!? :-\

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Got the car back from local Nissan dealer and they confirmed that said cog needs to be replaced? Failing that they state that the dash will have to be removed in order to relpace the unit!! To top it all the mechanic put the cog back on the pin incorrectly so heater/air con was not working as he believed that there was only one way it could fit? I spent hours getting it located correctly. The problem being that the pin the cog sits on moves independently from the paddles it links to hence it has to be re aligned correctly for the heater to function correctly. My earlier assumption regarding the pin not sticking through the heater/aircon housing I believe is correct as when I re mounted the cog it pushes the pin into the housing a few millimeters the exact amount the cog needs to lock in place on the pin. I've wracked my brain to attempt to think of ways of stopping the pin being pushed in when mounting the cog but as yet I haven't come up with anything due to the fact of how confined the space is I'm working in and the fact the pin does not protrude through the cog in order to pull it through the cog!

The last thing i want is for the dealer to remove the dash as i believe that will open the door to all sorts of vibrations etc when the dash is relpaced and if there's one thing i hate its vibrating sounds etc while driving! I think i will request the dealer glue the cog in place prior to removing the unit and if that fails then remove the unit? Thanks.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Since the mechanic put it back together wrong, you might want to rethink having them do any extensive work on your car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts