Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have auto headlights and was wondering if it's normal for the headlights to stay on even though i've locked the car via the keyless remote or button on the door handle?

it seems to stay on for 30sec - 1 minute.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Your owners manual has the answers

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ahh.. sorry. must have skimmed it too fast ;)

·
Registered
270 Posts
I haven't read the manual cover to cover yet but I did read the whole quick reference quide and watch the nifty DVD. It said "up to 3 minutes". But why would it vary? ???

·
Registered
929 Posts
fotomoto said:
It said "up to 3 minutes". But why would it vary? ???
Now that is a good question. Perhaps differences in relays from suppliers? I don't really care about that... but I am sad there is no way to adjust the delay. I would prefer a 20 second delay.

·
Registered
124 Posts
There is a way to modify how long the lights will stay on, but you cannot set them to stay on for more than 3 minutes. Check the maual for more details.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
KeychainDan said:
There is a way to modify how long the lights will stay on, but you cannot set them to stay on for more than 3 minutes. Check the maual for more details.

i must be blind... i cannot find it. :(

i can only find the line where it says the auto lights will turn off after 45 seconds on page 2-24.

someone put me out of my misery and let me in on it :-[ ;) :yes:

·
Registered
270 Posts
I looked again too and I can only find that the stay on for :45 secs if all doors are shut and "key" is off. The 3 minutes I previously mentioned is actually FIVE minutes if you leave a door open. So in a scenario like Christine mentioned, leaving the rear door open while you say unload a bunch of grocery bags, the headlights will stay on till you shut that rear door or 5 minutes is reached. Nice.

I see no mention of an option for selecting different times.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Maybe I misread something. I could of sworn I remembered seeing something about it though...

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
MDracer76 said:
Your owners manual has the answers
i found it in the service manual!

here's a clip:

what is a "CONSULT - III"?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
the image is a hack job from 2 pages..

the first text portion is on EXL page 13

and the chart is on EXL page 23.

i updated the pic with the correct text.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts