Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just an FYI. If you read the service manual it tells you to remove the bumper cover, and headlight assemblies to replace the bulbs. It's a litle bit of a PITA but you can replace the bulbs without going through all that.

It's a tight squeeze but all I did was reach in and pull off the harness socket, removed the rubber water seal, push in and down releasing the holding clip, removed and replaced the bulb in the reverse order. Took all of about 5 minutes for both. To release the bulb clip you would push in and down on the left of the clip facing it, or in other words it releases on the passenger side of the bulb socket.

In my search for better lighting (don't wan't HID cause they don't work well in Halogen housings, too much light scatter and blinding to oncoming drivers). I don't care about impressing others with a blue tint to my lights either, I just want better brighter bulbs at the stock wattage. I've read there are several good choices and for those of you who want a slightly blue (HID appearance) there are some halogen bulbs claiming to be in the 3900 to near 5000 kelvin range. I picked up a pair of Japanese CATZ bulbs for a good price so I'll let you know how well they work after it gets dark out tonight. - Dan

·
Registered
148 Posts
Re: Headlight bulp replacement

nokya bulbs 7000K 55/60W H4 arctic white stage 1 bulbs FTW.....

much brighter without going hid's just don't finger the bulbs they will blow LMAO

have them love them should take pics of these bulbs against the stock bulbs.....

·
Registered
671 Posts
In terms of ability to see and understand what is happening on the road, I think I've more confidence in Dan's suggestion. 6000K even in my interior reduces my ability to see and interpret detail, 7000K in my headlights is not an attractive proposition.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
TrevorS said:
In terms of ability to see and understand what is happening on the road, I think I've more confidence in Dan's suggestion. 6000K even in my interior reduces my ability to see and interpret detail, 7000K in my headlights is not an attractive proposition.
For my inhterior lights I'm using super bright LED's. Although they're really very bright they also emit a bluish tint. Again, because of the blue the actual visibility is somewhat dimished.

For my headlights I'm using Phillips Night Guide Tri-Beam bulbs. Probably not as bright as some other choices. But the tri-color beam is awesome. Puts the driving beam out in front where they belong. They have a yellowish (almost like fog lights) beam toward the on coming traffic to ease eye stress for them, and a third soft white beam to the extreme right lighting up road signs without having them reflect back and blinding me while I read them. Over all, these are the best from my point of view for over all driveability and safety in both my viewing and to the other drivers. And this evening I discovered they're GREAT in rain and fog. - Dan

·
Registered
148 Posts
it is cool..... it is your ride but I have been using them for the last five years in various projects and in terms of lumens you don't lose much light at all in fact any loss of light IMO is compensated by a clearer view of the lighted areas......Beam pattern is EXACTLY where the stock bulbs are (it is just a standard H4 filament type bulb using blue glass to screen out the yellow wavelength). My wife who drives the car swears by them. But again to each his/her own. But I guess I need pictures to demonstrate just like in my lab....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts