Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well let me start off by saying hello to everyone, my names is Daniel. I'm driving a 2009 1.8 S Silver Cube with CVT. I'm a Longtime reader and a fan of this site, and I finally decided to join.

Now, I just got a letter from Nissan stating that my Cubes transmission ( CVTs ONLY, I believe) warranty has been doubled to 10 years/ 120, 000 miles! (whichever comes first) I apologize if this info has already been posted.

The letter states " While Nissan is proud to offer this technology on many of our models, a small percentage of owners of earlier models equipped with CVTs have expressed concerns about the cost of repair of their transmissions after the warranty expires. We take these comments about the cost of vehicle ownership seriously. We strive to provide an exceptional ownership experience and are implementing a thorough Customer Satisfaction Program to address this topic.

First, to provide you with the additional assurance regarding your overall cost of ownership we have doubled the warranty period for the transmission in your Cube. The existing powertrain warranty coverage of 5 years/60,000 miles will be extended to you at no cost, for CVT repairs, replacements or related towing, to 10 years/120,000 miles, whichever comes first." Yeah, I know.

Now on a similar note, I also received a letter from Nissan referring to the recent recalls on the TPMS nuts and rear door handles. It explains the two issues with the Cube. I found out about these two recalls a while back thanks to this site, I have only gotten the nuts repaired, I have been waiting for the parts of the rear door handle to arrive. It explains that because only certain states regularly use heavy concentrations of road salt, my Cube is not registered in this recall campaign due to Texas not being one of those states. Now, even though they stated that, they are recognizing the I (we) may regularly drive in one of the listed states, so if desired, you can get your TPMS nuts replaced at no charge. Hopefully the way I typed it makes sense to you, I just woke up. Sorry again if this was already posted.

·
Registered
304 Posts
I got the CVT letter a couple of days ago... and I have gotten the TPMS recall. Still waiting on the door handle info though.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Never received a letter in regards to The extended warranty but Premier Nissan In Metairie, La ( where I purchased My vehicle ) Did give me lifetime warranty on Power/tran As long as I kept up with the maintenance ( of course ). I did ask if it was something where they would have to maintain my vehicle and it sated NO. So I hope they keep their word on this . I know I probably wont keep the vehicle for more than 5 years but it still sounds good to hear. I never received anything stating the tpms/ rear door handles recall. I do live in Louisiana and its my understanding that the tpms nuts recall is usually due to salt on the roads or something to that effect. but I would still have to inquire about the rest of the recall.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Have just done a little search here but seems no Canadian cubers have posted about the CVT extended warranty offered by Nissan Canada.
Good news is that I have just received a letter from Nissan Canada Inc. which mentioned that the CVT warranty will be extended to 10 years/200,000kms (which is doubled up from now). Also mentioned in the letter, quote "Nissan will reimburse customers who have previously paid to repair or replace their CVT, if the repairs would have been covered under this new extended warranty period. Even if you no longer own you Nissan we will reimburse you for past CVT repairs that would have been covered under this extension of the warranty.", end quote.
I was almost going to buy the extended warranty a month ago but was too busy to sign the paper in the dealership. And now I can save that thousand something dollars for a new set of summer tyres... :D :D
Cheers

1 - 7 of 7 Posts