Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, my wife 1st noticed an order about two weeks ago and when I checked under the cargo mat the carpet was all wet.

So we dried it out hoping it was just a fluke... However today it rained and guess what, its all wet again...

anyone else had leaking in the rear cargo area, I dont see an visible water so I am wondering if it is running in at the rear door and then behind the molding.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update:

Well three days at the dealer and its all fixed!!

Turns out the problem was a valve called the cabin pressure relief valve had failed and was allowing water to seep (flood) in. They had to basically take apart the entire interior looking for the leak, order the part, replace the part which is put in by an adheisive which requires time to set, and then put it all back together. They also had to replace the foam as it was soaked and stinky from the water.

So the moral of the story is occasionally check under your floor mats to make sure you dont have a leak... Between the foam pad and the thick rubber bottom of the mat, you will not know you have a leak til you smell the stink!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Was it covered under warranty? Mines doing the something.

·
Premium Member
2,222 Posts
Almost positive to say that something like that would be covered under warranty. But that is a strange thing indeed.

·
Registered
1 Posts
well, my wife 1st noticed an order about two weeks ago and when I checked under the cargo mat the carpet was all wet.

So we dried it out hoping it was just a fluke... However today it rained and guess what, its all wet again...

anyone else had leaking in the rear cargo area, I dont see an visible water so I am wondering if it is running in at the rear door and then behind the molding.
March 2021
My 2009 cube just started collecting water in the back left side of the cargo area.
Sounds like an expensive fix. Any diy fixes?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts