Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone has used the clear film (3M) or other brands to protect the front end of your Cube. I see e-Bay Motors sells a MEGA kit for under $50. which protects the hood, grille, door pillars, front section of the roof, the mirrors and top of the rear bumper. let us all know on here if anyone has used this film or had it installed at a local Nissan Dealer. There is a local 3M distributor that goes to different car lots or to your home to install the 3M film on any car. I am sure it is expensive but may be worth the cost to protect my Cube. I may just get the kit and do it myself. I just wanted some feed back from any Cube owner who has used this film in the past, thanks Tropical Cube. 8)

·
Registered
63 Posts
I had a clear bra (3M film) put on my Cube's front and also protective film put over the headlights. It took my installer 3 hours to do it. He is the best and has done some of my other cars. It was $350 but well worth it to protect it from chips.
I had it installed on my MINI Clubman by the MINI dealer and their installation was nearly $800, but it also included door cups, back bumper, mirrors, etc.
The best deal really was by the professional installer who was not a car dealer. After seeing some of the chips that would have removed paint from the MINI without the protection I'll do this for every nice car I own. Also, by doing the lights, it saves a lot of $ by not allowing chips. My Porsche Cayenne's front lights would have been $1400 to replace so $50 of film was well worth it. It's one reason I sold the Porsche, just too expensive to replace parts.
Plus the CUBE is much more fun to drive. :)

·
Registered
63 Posts
You'll really appreciate it when you find a mark on it that would have been a paint chip without it. It is worth the investment.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts