Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
GReddy has not yet started development of any products for our Cubes. They are however looking for feedback from Cube clubs and online forums to determine demand and desire.

I have a copy of an email from them I receive earlier today here <a href="http://spammer.com/">spammer</a>

If you think that you will be looking for performance enhancing products I suggest that you start making your list of requests and fire it off to them [email protected]

·
Registered
263 Posts
I sent this letter to [email protected] just minutes ago.

Someone at www.nissancubelife.com had placed up a post saying that Greddy USA was interested in releasing parts for the Z12 Cube. This is good news, because I think Greddy builds nice aftermarket parts! I have several Greddy items on my SR20 Powered S13, so I am already acquainted with your parts.

Now this may be my personal take, but I feel that maybe the market isn't there for high performance parts, although there is a small cry for a turbo kit. Me personally I'm not wanting that. I see the car more like alot of the drifters overseas. I have a performance car, an I want a nice hooked-up but comfortable ride for daily use/an evening on the town that isn't spent on a winding road.

Here is what I would really like to see developed for the car based on your current lines of parts:

*SE and/or SP2 exhaust system.
*SUS Header
*Airinx Intake
*Air Diversion Panel

Maybe Some light tune suspension products like a Type S coilover along with a Strut Bar.

Gracer aerodynamics parts.... a lip kit and grill would be great.... but at the very least a grill... Nissan's grills are seriously hideous. I am very partial to the Impul grill in Japan. Not crying for a direct copy.... just letting you know. Maybe something towards the way of the old 01 Civic Si Grill.... Just some ideas.

The good thing about the suspension products, is that other than some weight differences, which would probably lead to a spring rate and dampening adjustment, the suspension parts from a Cube will work on a Versa, so you can open up to two different cars with pretty much the same R&D.

Most of the engine parts I listed would increase gas mileage along with power, and after reading the boards, that would be an important role in the marketing. Frequently people ask "what mpg are you getting?" along with the typical HP and TRQ related questions.

Just trying to let you know how I feel and what I'd like to see.... like I said I love Greddy products and I would love to see some for this great little car!

Also a shift knob designed for the 6SPD with reverse lockout crowd would be great.... with the exception of some small companies.... the selection is looking kinda like ricer shit out of the first Fast and Furious movie..... 7 SPD Eclipses fail.... Just an Idea...

Dustin Mankin
_____________________________________________End EMAIL____________________________________________

Like I said I know some people want a turbo kit, and if you do, you should voice your opinions. It takes all kinds of people, I have a turbo car, I don't need two, but for a streetable turbo kit, Greddy doesn't make a bad product. Granted they don't always post the highest numbers around, but if you were after that, I feel you wouldn't be in a cube anyway, and a 50-75 horsepower gain isn't bad. People speak up... if we don't let them know we are out here dying to tune, they won't make parts for us.... they KNOW that 370Z tuners exist....so logically without an outcry they will develop parts for said platform.... but if we speak up I think you'll be surprised what you can get. Just have a clue what it is you want.... don't say exhaust... be specific. Maybe someone on this board wants an evo2 exhaust... I don't... but if you do let them know! And as my email shows... A little butt-kissing never hurts. I'll post a reply when/if I get one.

Dustin

·
Registered
263 Posts
<rant>

Yeah... I HATE ricers.... so I don't think any other word could describe ricer products, lol. If they answer our call for an exhaust, I would be thrilled.... We have an Overpriced Ugly Stillen exhaust as our only option, although I know that Tanabe is supposedly stepping up to the plate. I just never understood axle-back exhausts.... the gain is not worth the money.... and if you wanna change the look only... go buy a ricer tip at Autozone.

Wow... I've got to stop hating...

</rant>

·
Registered
222 Posts
Don't be surprised if Tanabe's exhaust offering is an axle-back setup as well.

They only have an axle-back for the Versa which is virtually mechanically identical to the Cube.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Rubik said:
<rant>

Wow... I've got to stop hating...

</rant>
Don't let us stop you. I share the sentiment. It sickens me every time I have to hear a car make those noises without actually going anywhere.

I say bravo to your opinion of "Ricers", and keep it up.

·
Registered
263 Posts
schtebie said:
Don't be surprised if Tanabe's exhaust offering is an axle-back setup as well.

They only have an axle-back for the Versa which is virtually mechanically identical to the Cube.
I also just noticed this, upon you mentioning it. Thanks for pointing this out... I don't know why I thought they'd make a full stainless exhaust.
:-\ <----- feels kinda dumb.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Thank you for your interest in GReddy products.
And we really appreciate you taking the time to send us some suggestions. I will definitely forward your email to our planning team.
We haven't yet decided on what items we may offer. But we where maybe thinking of starting with a limit short run exhaust via an enthusiast forum to test the market.
If you know of a good contact that would be great.

In our efforts to hit a more grassrootsenthusiastmarket, we are also even considering offer some cooperative forums special short run specialeditiongroupbuys if the demand is high enough.

Please reply to [email protected] for future messages of this nature. - Thanks

For purchasing please contact an authorized GReddy Dealer : http://greddy.com/authorized/

---

Check out the latest from our new GReddy USA Blog :http://greddy-usa.blogspot.com/
or follow us on twitter:http://twitter.com/GReddy_Power

GReddy Performance Products, Inc.
9 Vanderbilt
Irvine, CA 92618
(949) 588-8300
www.greddy.com
----------------------------end email-----------------------

This is Greddy's Response. It sounds pretty promising. Guys let's keep it up. Just remember as consumers we have the say in what products we want, and then we vote with our dollars.

I'm gonna shoot Beans a PM becuase he has a presence on this forum and Nico. It may be better to have him organize the group buy since he has presence on both forums. It may be easier than say organizing two group buys or having people sign up on Nico and vice versa.

·
Registered
929 Posts
Rice or not, I hate loud exhausts. The Cube is my quiet, peaceful car. I have no need for a slow car that is LOUD, and I know my neighbors appreciate it, too.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I agree to an extent... My 240 is loud at wide open, but I don't know an 80mm exhaust for turbo that isn't. That is fine with me. However a slow loud car is not ok with me. Also, I've found that if I drive my 240 at the speeds that I should in a neighborhood with children, sound isn't an issue.

I think most Cube owners want a quieter tone. That's why I mentioned the SP line of exhausts to Greddy. Like the Apex'i WS it is quiet during normal operation and becomes aggressive under spirited acceleration, all the while being under 93db to comply with most exhaust noise laws. That's really good considering my Blitz Nur Spec R is 120+db. I think most Cube owners would find the SP exhaust note quite pleasing while freeing up some HP, TQ, and most importantly MPG.

Also I think rice is a state of mind more than particular products. For instance on a show car or a cruiser, I enjoy properly installed neons, both interior and exterior. However, most people install them half-assed with the tubes showing, and revving at everything... At that point in time, IMHO, it has crossed the border from tasteful to rice.

I hope everything I've said makes sense. And I hope I've cleared up some of my beliefs on the auto industry at large.

·
Registered
263 Posts
You got it. I'm sending them a second email right now. I'm gonna give them contact info on ya Spencer. The more outlets we have at our disposal, the more unique our cars can be!

Thank you guys so much for your interest.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts