Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have any of you found a good way to get the GPS antenna wire from the dash to the radio? I don't want to drill through the dash.

What about mounting it externally? The directions just show it going on the dash or rear package shelf.

Pioneer AVic-X910BT

Attachments

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Got it. I drilled progressively larger holes between the defroster vents. It would have been easier with a right angle drill attachment. The hole (3/8") looks worse in the flash pic than it does in real life, but it won't show Long - very long - nose pliers pulled the wire right through.

Rather than use the adhesive on the metal GPS plate, I'll use one of those black rubber sticky pads to hold the plate. With the wire going through the dash, the antenna won't be going anywhere. I'll cut a groove in the plate to let the wire pass through.

I hope to get this install basically done today because we have to go somewhere with the Cube tomorrow, and my wife knows nothing about this new system. All she knows is that I'm "doing something," and she can't use the car.

Jerry

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here's the GPS antenna installed and working.

Attachments

·
Registered
839 Posts
I just set mine on top of a heater duct under the dash. The plastic and windshield doesn't cause any interference. been this way since day one and no problems with GPS, works great. - Dan

1 - 6 of 6 Posts