Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had to remove the glue from the dash that holds the dash mat in place? The glue was getting too warm and the dash mat wasn't staying in place so I took it out. Now I'm not sure about what would be best for removing the left over glue. I tried alcohol and that didn't work. I'm worried about messing up the dash with goo gone, etc. Has anyone else had to do this?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Unfortunately, I didn't have that option. I would just leave it there if the glue would actually hold it there like it's supposed to.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
124 Posts
Goo Gone shouldn't hurt the dash at all, but try it on a small spot in the corner first just in case.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
34 Posts
hum, i haven't had that problem at all, thats such a bummer i think the carpet is cute.

anyway, my boyfriend and i detailed cars all summer last year...and we used googone on just about everything you can think of. it didn't do anything to dashboards, so i would try that.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
582 Posts
They should have fired the person who said, "let's put shag on the dash." As soon as I got home from the dealership I tossed it in the trash. I used Goo-off and then some Armour-all. THere is one really small spot of where the glue leached into the dash material. I will get that off also. Shag! What were they thinking :no:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
929 Posts
Pejay66 said:
They should have fired the person who said, "let's put shag on the dash." As soon as I got home from the dealership I tossed it in the trash. I used Goo-off and then some Armour-all. THere is one really small spot of where the glue leached into the dash material. I will get that off also. Shag! What were they thinking :no:
??????????????????????????????????????

At least you could have donated it to one of your fellow Cube lovers. :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
124 Posts
Maybe you haven't noticed, Pejay, but most of us cubists LOVE the carpet circle. It not only garners attention from EVERYONE, it also gets smart people to ask stupid questions!

"Uh...what's the carpet for???"
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
270 Posts
KeychainDan said:
Maybe you haven't noticed, Pejay, but most of us cubists LOVE the carpet circle. It not only garners attention from EVERYONE, it also gets smart people to ask stupid questions!

"Uh...what's the carpet for???"
We call it Cubic Hair. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
929 Posts
KeychainDan said:
it also gets smart people to ask stupid questions!
I had an engineer friend ask me what it's for (LOL).

I am far from being an engineer... but knew immediately that the shag would retain my sunglasses. Duh!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
159 Posts
fotomoto said:
KeychainDan said:
Maybe you haven't noticed, Pejay, but most of us cubists LOVE the carpet circle. It not only garners attention from EVERYONE, it also gets smart people to ask stupid questions!

"Uh...what's the carpet for???"
We call it Cubic Hair. :D
Call me weird but i love the Cubic Hair. Keeps my MP3 player from flying all over and is a conversation piece at the gas station. I am looking for the same carpet so I can make myself a football shaped piece for in front of the glove box.

Dink
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
2,084 Posts
Holds my blackberry in place too. But if you forget it, its in the direct hot sun so be careful.

I use the bungees to hold my sunglasses, slide one arm in and held firm.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
336 Posts
Pejay66 said:
They should have fired the person who said, "let's put shag on the dash." As soon as I got home from the dealership I tossed it in the trash. I used Goo-off and then some Armour-all. THere is one really small spot of where the glue leached into the dash material. I will get that off also. Shag! What were they thinking :no:
your loss; you could have sold it for at least $25 on ebay :roll:
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top