Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mr. Cube says there is a 2010 silver/light gray SL/Pref about 200 miles away he can get, but if it's driven back, it'll have that may miles on it. I'd have to buy it sight unseen. Any downside to this? Trying to get something thrown in as compensation. Nothing else on the horizon probably till late January or maybe February. Not in a hurry, was kind of thinking I'd wait till everyone had some inventory to get a better bargaining position, but that may be a while.

Another Q: If you get the Cargo Area Organizer ($189), wouldn't it cover up the Interior Designer Package's "Cargo area mat?" Just getting the floor mats would seem to be a better deal ($125) if you don't need the dash topper and bungees.

·
Registered
38 Posts
armadillo said:
Mr. Cube says there is a 2010 silver/light gray SL/Pref about 200 miles away he can get, but if it's driven back, it'll have that may miles on it. I'd have to buy it sight unseen. Any downside to this? Trying to get something thrown in as compensation. Nothing else on the horizon probably till late January or maybe February. Not in a hurry, was kind of thinking I'd wait till everyone had some inventory to get a better bargaining position, but that may be a while.

Another Q: If you get the Cargo Area Organizer ($189), wouldn't it cover up the Interior Designer Package's "Cargo area mat?" Just getting the floor mats would seem to be a better deal ($125) if you don't need the dash topper and bungees.
Rent a car you can leave there, drive your Cube home. No way I'm letting some kid break in my new car before I even touch it.

·
Registered
671 Posts
When I got my new car, it already had 70mi on the clock. In this case, it was used as a demonstrator and also for trips between the sales and service buildings (about two blocks apart). Came complete with shoe polish marks and scratches on the sills. They said it was detailed before I picked it up, and it did look nice and clean inside and out, but I was slow spotting the sill wear and tear :(! Also, it wasn't until a year and a half later that I noticed a definite fit problem between the right front hood corner and right front fascia (I was installing a billet grill). An error of at least half an inch, perhaps more. Still haven't figured out what's causing that and I've spent time studying it (would really like to correct it).

My feeling is you never want to accept a car sight unseen, and you can't really trust a car dealer employee to take care of your baby. The lower the miles the better, and if that means picking it up yourself, that's not such a bad idea -- you'll be able to look over the car and minimize any surprises. In any case, good luck with your purchase :)!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have done this with leased cars, but if you are purchasing I would definitely get it with as few miles as possible. If it were a dealer car, I would haggle on the price - but if they are doing a dealer trade, they know you want it and will not discount as much. Wait for more at your local dealer if possible.

·
2,084 Posts
TrevorS said:
Also, it wasn't until a year and a half later that I noticed a definite fit problem between the right front hood corner and right front fascia
Year and half later :eek:

Where are you? The cube came out in the US in May 09, not even a year old yet, but replaced none the less :sick:

·
Registered
671 Posts
Well, as you say, the Cube wasn't out yet, and so my new car (Jan 2008) wasn't a Cube. But still, the potential issues when buying a new car are much the same :(!

Yeah, it's too bad Nissan made feature changes so quickly (showroom competition at work, I suppose :(), but I gather the Fit changes Honda made don't appeal to you, so I guess it's a win some, lose some, situation. Still, you've got a real nice SugarCube there :)!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts