Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone having issues with gas mileage. We live in NY, and in the last few months mileage has dropped steadily from 29 to about 23. I dont know if this is because of the cold or what but it seems kinda strange. Anyone else having this problem?

·
Registered
839 Posts
copyman1986 said:
Anyone having issues with gas mileage. We live in NY, and in the last few months mileage has dropped steadily from 29 to about 23. I dont know if this is because of the cold or what but it seems kinda strange. Anyone else having this problem?
When I first brought my Cube home it was averaging about 27/28 MPG, then after about a month it went up to 32/33 MPG. But now that winter has set in it's back down to about 30/31 MPG. I know for me I tend to let the car warm up a bit more in cold weather and the defroster also runs the AC compressor. During warmer months I usually don't use the AC unless it's uncomfortably hot. I prefer outside fresh air whenever possible. - Dan

·
Registered
930 Posts
Here are my real world MPG, I seem to average low compared to most people, but I believe it depends on where to live and the type of terrain. I live in Athens, Ga and the hills here are long requiring gas to keep the speed limit. I also have a medium foot and drive 10 over everywhere. I can drive on a stretch of hwy 316 at 75mph and read only 24mpg but if I take Interstate 85 at 80mph I will get about 28mpg.

My gas has gone down with winter, but not much.

Attachments

·
Registered
167 Posts
My first tank I got 26mpg now I am averaging 30 to 31 with 1600 miles on the Cube. I noticed if I fill up at half a tank I get better MPgs overall than running it down closer to E. I will run it almost completely dry before too long just to get the older gas out. Does anyone use Lucas in their gas or any other fuel system cleaner. I haven't yet just wondering when to start or iF to start.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Has the car been maintained? Air filter? I typically get 32 to as high as 36 mpg depending on how I drive. I live near and commute to Boston everyday.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Does anyone use Lucas in their gas or any other fuel system cleaner. I haven't yet just wondering when to start or iF to start.
I add a can of Sea Foam to all my cars twice a year as well as any other gas powered thing I own. - Dan

·
Registered
253 Posts
According to my Gas Cubby app on my iPhone, I'm averaging roughly 27-28 mpg, and that's with 100 miles on the highway and about 12 miles in city almost every day.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I did notice in the summer I was getting 31 to 32 mpg's in low traffic rural driving.
Now that winter has been here I get 30 to 31 mpg in the same route's in the same traffic.
That is by the cars computer reading. I've checked it by the gas receit's with a calculator, and the computer seems to be off by 1 to 2 mpg to the plus side. Although I have gotten the same figures as the computer said a couple of times. I have never gotten worse than 29 mpg on a tank in 8 months, and 10k miles. I have the CVT, and I live near Atlanta. I also have a very light foot, and good driving habits.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts