Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where to find a correct fuse diagram? The sticker in the fuse boxes can't be right... there's things listed there that don't even have a fuse in it...

·
Registered
672 Posts
I just came inside, and it's too cold to go out again, so here's the best I can do. Look under the hood on the driver's side. There is a plastic box, maybe 5" square. If you can open that, I trhink there are more fuses in there.

I remember when every car had just one fuse box. Now they have three, scattered inside and out - and they're all usually hard to get at. Why did they have to make that fuse panel on the left side of the dash so hard to open?

Look on page 0-10 of the Owner's Manual.

Jerry

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know where the fuse boxes are located... lol... what I am looking for is a correct diagram of which fuse serves what purpose.
Looked through the manual several times, there doesn't seem to be a diagram like that in there.

·
Registered
672 Posts
You might try the Shop Manual that used to available somewhere on this site for download. Or, you can get one from your Nissan dealer for $225 on a disc. I like the free version - same info.

Jerry

·
2,084 Posts
You are correct the diagram on the little panel is way off, I noticed that when trying to find the fuse for my horn.
Horn is listed but no fuse was in its location.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Downloading the shop manual now... all 69MB of it... will let you know if it's in there... sounds like you need it for your air horn.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Where on this site did you find the manual?

Jerry

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I did a search for "Shop Manual" and came up with this thread:
http://www.nissancubelife.com/forum/index.php?topic=1719.0

The link in there is still valid. :yes:

The only issue is now that the zip I downloaded had like 40 or so smaller pdf's in, none of them named like anything... (file names like ec.pdf, lu.pdf mean nothing to me...) :(

so I will have to open every one of them and rename them for future reference. :sick:

·
Registered
672 Posts
I'm glad you found that link. Somewhere there is a list of what the abbreviations mean. The electrical info is called Power Supply and Ground, so look for an abbreviation like that. When I downloaded mine, I renamed them from letters to actual words - makes a big difference.

Jerry

·
Registered
672 Posts
Here is the list of what's what.

Jerry

FWD - Index
ACC - Accelerator Control System
ADP - Automatic Drive Positioner
AV - Audio, Visual & Navigation System
BCS - Body Control System
BR - Brake System
BRC - Brake Control System
BRM - Body Repair
CHG - Charging System
CL - Clutch
CO - Engine Cooling System
DEF - Defogger
DLK - Door & Lock
DLN - Driveline
EC - Engine Control System
EM - Engine Mechanical
EX - Exhaust System
EXL - Exterior Lighting System
EXT - Exterior
FAX - Front Axle
FL - Fuel System
FSU - Front Suspension
GI - General Information
GW - Glass & Window System
HA - Heater & Air Conditioning System
HAC - Heater & Air Conditioning Control System
HBB - Hybrid Battery System
HBR - Hybrid Brake System
HRN - Horn
INL - Interior Lighting System
INT - Interior
IP - Instrument Panel
LAN - LAN System
LU - Engine Lubrication System
MA - Maintenance
MIR - Mirrors
MWI - Meter, Warning Lamp & Indicator
PB - Parking Brake System
PCS - Power Control System
PG - Power Supply, Ground & Circuit Elements
PWC - Power Window Control System
PWO - Power Outlet
RAX - Rear Axle
RF - Roof
RSU - Rear Suspension
SB - Seat Belt
SBC - Seat Belt Control System
SCS - Suspension Control System
SE - Seat
SEC - Security Control System
SN - Sonar System
SR - SRS Airbag
SRC - SRS Airbag Control System
ST - Steering System
STC - Steering Control System
STR - Starting System
TM - Transaxle & Transmission
VTL - Ventilation System
WCS - Warning Chime System
WT - Road Wheels & Tires
WW - Wiper & Washer

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Neither did I... but I think I might have the info I need to do what I want to do.
Everyone seems hell bent on the fog light DRL's... I personally would like to have my front park and side markers on as DRL's. The electrical diagrams in the shop manual might give me enough information to do that.

·
Registered
175 Posts
KandA said:
Neither did I... but I think I might have the info I need to do what I want to do.
Everyone seems hell bent on the fog light DRL's... I personally would like to have my front park and side markers on as DRL's. The electrical diagrams in the shop manual might give me enough information to do that.
On my Eclipse, there was a simple mod published, a jumper on the fuse box, that made fog lights DRLs. Waiting for that for my cube. I've noticed the cube's fog lights are not near as bright or well-aimed as my Eclipse, where they actually lit up a good area in front of you and to the side. Pretty much for show, but probably OK for DRLs.

·
Registered
161 Posts
jerryc41 said:
I'm glad you found that link. Somewhere there is a list of what the abbreviations mean. The electrical info is called Power Supply and Ground, so look for an abbreviation like that. When I downloaded mine, I renamed them from letters to actual words - makes a big difference.

Jerry
Gang...

No, don't rename the files.

Just start with fwd.pdf, and if you leave everything alone, you can just click on the links and it will load all the correct files for you. This includes if they reference another section in a different file from the section you are in. You don't have to know which file is what.

Cheers!

Dang

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for the tip, Dang! Glad I didn't have the time yet to rename those files!

·
Registered
672 Posts
Dang said:
jerryc41 said:

Jerry
Gang...

No, don't rename the files.

Just start with fwd.pdf, and if you leave everything alone, you can just click on the links and it will load all the correct files for you. This includes if they reference another section in a different file from the section you are in. You don't have to know which file is what.

Cheers!

Dang

That is a great feature of the electronic manual. As Dang said, if you are in Section 1 and see a reference to Section 5, you just clkick on the link and go straight there - much better than a paper book. And, of course, you can print whatever you want and take it to the car.

Jerry

·
Registered
13 Posts
i am using a hella fog light. do anyone knows this? the Hella Fog Light? there was a case for this, since it should be dim when using it in the fog? is there a way to adjust the light? hanks!

·
Registered
981 Posts
hella foglights? i dont think there should be a diff. when in fog or not. they should be ust as bright in and out of fog, as for adjusting them, i have no idea how they are mounted.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts