Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was walking by the car and smelled a gas odor, I checked under the rear passenger door/wheel and noticed the fuel tank(hose/clamp) was leaking a small amount of fuel.

2010 Base model, 6 speed

Do you believe it’s the fuel tank that needs replacing or just the hose and or clamp?

thanks

new member!
E66DEA3D-48FD-43AF-910C-39FA3ECF9BB7.jpeg
A5952D89-6D93-46FA-BD73-71BE3904FFE7.jpeg

·
Registered
36 Posts
It sure looks like its a hose leak to me. Usually a hose leak appears around the clamp. The fact that it looks wet around the top of the clamp is a dead giveaway. If it were the neck that fits on the tank, I doubt it would make its way past the clamp and onto the hose like that. For reference, I'm attaching a picture of the filler hose on my 2012 Cube with just 40K miles on it. You can get a hose from Tascaparts.com. They sell new factory parts for well below what the dealer would charge.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It sure looks like its a hose leak to me. Usually a hose leak appears around the clamp. The fact that it looks wet around the top of the clamp is a dead giveaway.

…that was my first guess as well, my mechanic replaced it with a different hose and clamp and it still had the same leaking issue!

Unfortunately, the plastic piece that connects the hose and tank is not sold separately. Long story short, fuel tank is being replaced as I type this.

thanks for the reply and suggestion - appreciated!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was interested in the same question
…i replaced the entire tank. the white piece(plastic)that connects the hose and the tank was cracked, that plastic piece is part of the gas tank and not replaceable.

good as new!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Suppose a leak in the EVAP system is detected. In that case, a Check Engine light will illuminate the instrument panel, and the trouble code associated with the problem will be stored in the Engine Control Unit (ECU). Common issues with the EVAP system include malfunctions of the purge valve, which releases fuel vapors into the engine, leaks in the vent and vacuum hoses, loose, poorly fitted, or missing gas tank caps. Sealing the fuel tank is not as easy as it sounds. First, the tank must have some venting so that air can enter instead of fuel since the energy is sucked in by the fuel pump and sent to the engine and there are only such tanks at Car Fuel Tank Capacity

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
a Check Engine light will illuminate the instrument panel, and the trouble code associated with the problem will be stored in the Engine Control Unit (ECU).
…fortunately, I did not have the check engine light come on with the leaky tank(before replacement) nor with the new replacement. So far, so good!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts