Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been having trouble with the fuel gage giving an accurate measurement of fuel in the tank since I bought the Cube. After a day and a half of investigation, it turns out it needs a new fuel sending unit. That will take a week to get here and then it will be in the shop yet again.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Yup, been there. At about 2,500 miles I think, the sensor was acting up, it wouldn't read all the way to the top. I still have that happen sometimes though, whenever I fill up and only a small amount of gas is missing. The digital meter doesn't go to the top, kind of irritating, I asked the guy at the service shop, and he said it might have been because of the way I was leaving the "key" placed in the ignition? I don't know. Anyway, hope you get it fixed soon, and fixed right.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Well at 1700+ miles, my gas gauge didn't go all the way up to the first line. I thought it might just be a fluke due to the way the gas pump was acting. Tonight at 2032 miles I just gassed up again at a different station. Again, the gauge didn't go all the way to the top. You know, it's stupid little things like this that really piss me off.

Has Nissan come out with an actual "fix" for this yet, or are they just still giving stupid excuses like "your key in the wrong position"...?

·
Registered
167 Posts
Mine did that last fill up. I thought it was full since th epump shut off but when I started the Cube I had 2 bars to go to full. Yesterday when I filled up it stopped so I put another $1.50 in it and it read full? Hopefully it is just the gas station I use since their brand new and are $0.20 a gallon cheaper than anyone around right now to gain loyal customers. Maybe not?

·
Registered
253 Posts
This morning when I started up the car, the gas gauge read full. However, 11 miles into it, it dropped back down one bar. Go figure...

·
Registered
929 Posts
Since I rarely fill my tank up all the way, I would never know if my top line worked or not. I purposefully had to fill it all the way because of this thread - glad to know it works, but am still confused as to why this is a big deal for so many of you???

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It wasn't that the top bar wouldn't read, it was that sometimes the gauge would read empty, or only 1/4 full when the tank was full. Turns out it was a faulty sending unit in the tank. Was replaced 1.5 weeks ago and have had no problem since. Seemed to do it more the colder the engine was for some reason. I park it outside and we have been below zero on several mornings so far this year.

·
Registered
672 Posts
If you owned a Toyota, you would be thrilled if the gas gauge was your only concern.

Jerry

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I own 2 Toyotas, neither of which has ever been in the shop for a non-maintenance issue. Although the sticky gas pedal is annoying, I don't believe their shim is the answer so it won't be getting that repair anytime soon. I am not in fear of being able to control the vehicle, however. The Cube has been a pain in the butt. It has gone to the shop 5 times and been there over 7 days, mostly because of the dealer, but the sending unit being faulty from day 1 is definitely the fault of Nissan. I have only owned it for 42 days. Don't get me wrong, I love the Cube and have put 1850 miles on it already and it is a great vehicle, just a pain in the butt so far.

·
Registered
253 Posts
ChristineK said:
I am starting to notice a trend here. Transmission Surge, Fuel Sensor,Door Handles, Valve Stems.

Whats next?
Door handles and valve stems? What happens to them? Never heard of this before...

I don't have to worry about transmission surge as I have the 6-speed. :p

1 - 13 of 13 Posts