Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some info from anybody with regards to my fuel gauge on my 2009 Nissan Cube SL. It is not giving me the right amount of fuel in the gauge even though the tank is full of fuel. I want to take it in to the dealership my question is, is there a recall for it or it is covered under warranty? Thanks for your input.

·
Premium Member
2,222 Posts
I think I remember someone on here complaining about that as well.. You'd fill it up and it would still have a line or two missing, right?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, 2 - 3 bars missing on the gauge. Do you think the fuel sending unit is defective or something else? Would this be covered under warranty if I take it in? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
When you fill the tank, do you stop after the first ''click'' or you keep going after for more.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I fill up and after the first click, I ease up on the knossle fill up more until the second click I stop. I just don't want it to overflow. Still 2 bars missing on the gauge.

·
Registered
19 Posts
This is a common problem in the cube. I had the same problem, whether I filled it up past the click on the fuel handle or not. It's the sending unit. Take it in if it's under warranty and they'll fix it for free. Problem solved...mine reads very accurate now.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I finally took the Cube to the dealership and they replaced the defective fuel sending unit under warranty. All is well now with the gauge and I am a very happy man. Thanks everyone...

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
It just like mine got issue right now. Even after filling up the tank, I got 3 bars missing. Nissan dealer,here I come.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Had a appointement with my dealer about my issue. It just seem, according to them and they aggreed it could be the sender unit which was defect ended just that it wasn't the sender unit after all.

They didn't actually told me what it was and got myself a appointement for next wednesday because they need to order the part.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
The dealer took nearly 3 hours to found out what it was...In the end, it was the sender unit lol. At least, everything was under warranty.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
When back to the dealer last week because after 2 weeks with my sender unit changed, I had fuel smell in my cube. They change the gasket , but crap, it still smell fuel in my car again :mad: I will have to call them back again to make that fix. I can't travel to work with that odor and carry too my daughter at the kindergarden, which is sit over the fuel tank. Damn I'm piss.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Had the issue for years

I had the same issue for a couple years in my 2009 cube S. Recently, though, it started to get worse and eventually the fuel gauge in on the dash would show half-full, then empty and flashing with 0 miles left, to a quarter-full. Had to take it in. Had the fuel sending unit replaced and all is well now. 209,000 miles and still going.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 2009 has been bad for at least the past 5 years, but it's starting to get worse. How much was the repair since it wasn't under warranty? I wish there was an easier fix.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts