Registered
107 Posts
ORDERED!!!!!! Hooray for DINK!

·
Registered
179 Posts
dink74 said:
CubicKrom said:
Any need to adjust front end after install? :-\ Sorry I'm ignorant in this. 8)
No need to adjust anything after install, it is a bolt on part that takes some of the flex out of the front end. All you need is a 13mm socket and 10 minutes of your life to install.

Dink
Thanks for the lesson. :yes: 8)

·
Registered
270 Posts
Finally got mine installed after getting back from vacation. Easy, 15 minutes (cup of coffee during it) bolt on mod. Looks great and like the factory did it.

It really feels more taught in the curves and noticeably less flex/better bump handling on my very rough roads.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
jeffbot said:
Your should be shipped by the end of the week. We are just waiting on some new powder to come in as the silver base we use for the Scarlet Red was contaminated and had a bunch of dirt in it. We are stripping it back down today and will start the process over as soon as the new silver comes in (Hopefully Tomorrow Morning).

Donovan

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
I also have 2 others finished and unclaimed at the moment just need to powdercoat. Anyone interested I can have them shipped out by the end of the week if I hear from you today.

Dink

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
mistah_mischievous said:
is the gray offered matching the steel gray?
I can get close on most of the Cube colors but I do not have an exact match for any of them and I have found paint from PPG and others is outrageously over priced for the Cube colors since they are all new. I can get it close but it will not be perfect.

Dink

·
Registered
179 Posts
Red Bar on Grey Krom. Nice :yes: 8)

Attachments

·
Registered
107 Posts
Still waiting for mine...damn you postal service!!!!

·
Registered
179 Posts
jeffbot said:
jeffbot said:
Did it go via the Panama Canal ? :eek: ...anticipation is a killer 8)

·
Registered
270 Posts
Here's my red on red from Dink's original batch (first one?):

Please excuse the dusty engine bay. We've been in a major drought. Well, that's my excuse anyway. :-[

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
CubicKrom said:
jeffbot said:
jeffbot said:
Did it go via the Panama Canal ? :eek: ...anticipation is a killer 8)
No it went postal to Canada with the gift box checked so it should slide through customs without hammering him with duty.
Should arrive soon. I talked to the post office yesterday and the post master said that delivery time varies from 2 days to 6 week on packages to Canada. I have shipped plenty of stuff to Canada and have never had this much of a wait for delivery.

Donovan
Dink

·
Registered
107 Posts
UPS attempted a delivery today, hopefully its the strut bar, gotta pay some brokerage fees though.

Actually, it was my t-rex grille. so... no strut bar yet... :(

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
I am going to go to the post office with the customs form and see if they can find anything for me.

Donovan

·
Registered
270 Posts
I've done a fair bit of selling through both ebay and forums such as this. It has been my experience that Canadian customs can sometimes take up to a MONTH to clear but most of the time it's reasonably quick.

·
Registered
12 Posts
dink74 said:
1HoTCuBe said:
Dink,

this product is really a good design and you did a great job on it, but I dont think people with a cube are going to shell out 185 bucks for it for a car that is not supposed to handle well anyway. I think you should start with a lower price since you are a new vendor and being not a name brand at that.

Im not trying to sway your sale, but coming from a owner standpoint.

Thanks Man!
I understand your point of view and respect your decision that it is to expensive for you, but this not the China Man's knock off part that you can pick up for $20 on Ebay. This was designed in CAD to fit both the Cube and the Versa properly. It is made from American Chromoly Tubing, and tig welded by a master welder who does not work for free or $1 an hour like the China Man. I stand behind my product and its price because I know what time, thought and materials went into creating it. I am not here to get rich but I am also not here to take a loss, as I have a family to feed and cars to gas up.

Dink

I've bought the $20 knock-off strut tower bars off ebay for my Toyota Supra and they all either snapped or bent. I'd rather dish out $185 for something that would last.

·
Registered
709 Posts
pork n bomb said:
dink74 said:
1HoTCuBe said:
Dink,

this product is really a good design and you did a great job on it, but I dont think people with a cube are going to shell out 185 bucks for it for a car that is not supposed to handle well anyway. I think you should start with a lower price since you are a new vendor and being not a name brand at that.

Im not trying to sway your sale, but coming from a owner standpoint.

Thanks Man!
I understand your point of view and respect your decision that it is to expensive for you, but this not the China Man's knock off part that you can pick up for $20 on Ebay. This was designed in CAD to fit both the Cube and the Versa properly. It is made from American Chromoly Tubing, and tig welded by a master welder who does not work for free or $1 an hour like the China Man. I stand behind my product and its price because I know what time, thought and materials went into creating it. I am not here to get rich but I am also not here to take a loss, as I have a family to feed and cars to gas up.

Dink

I've bought the $20 knock-off strut tower bars off ebay for my Toyota Supra and they all either snapped or bent. I'd rather dish out $185 for something that would last.
ok? haha

41 - 60 of 60 Posts