Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have built 1 so far and am offering them to you guys for $185 shipped and powdercoated. I am looking for 10 orders to get this going so let me know if you are interested and what color you would like. I can powder them in gloss black, wrinkle black, silver, wheel silver(with flake), scarlet red, white, hyper chrome(very metallic silver). If you would like a different color let me know and I can see if I can get some powder that color. I am ordering material and hope to make these the first week in August. I will end the group buy on July 31 and will ship the orders on August 7th and 8th.

Dink

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It ties the front strut towers together so during hard braking or during cornering you get less deflection or flex out of the front end causing the car to be more stable. It actually makes a difference you can feel.

Dink

·
Registered
304 Posts
dink74 said:
It ties the front strut towers together so during hard braking or during cornering you get less deflection or flex out of the front end causing the car to be more stable. It actually makes a difference you can feel.

Dink
Thanks for explaining that for me! :)

·
Registered
709 Posts
Dink,

this product is really a good design and you did a great job on it, but I dont think people with a cube are going to shell out 185 bucks for it for a car that is not supposed to handle well anyway. I think you should start with a lower price since you are a new vendor and being not a name brand at that.

Im not trying to sway your sale, but coming from a owner standpoint.

Thanks Man!

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
1HoTCuBe said:
Dink,

this product is really a good design and you did a great job on it, but I dont think people with a cube are going to shell out 185 bucks for it for a car that is not supposed to handle well anyway. I think you should start with a lower price since you are a new vendor and being not a name brand at that.

Im not trying to sway your sale, but coming from a owner standpoint.

Thanks Man!
I understand your point of view and respect your decision that it is to expensive for you, but this not the China Man's knock off part that you can pick up for $20 on Ebay. This was designed in CAD to fit both the Cube and the Versa properly. It is made from American Chromoly Tubing, and tig welded by a master welder who does not work for free or $1 an hour like the China Man. I stand behind my product and its price because I know what time, thought and materials went into creating it. I am not here to get rich but I am also not here to take a loss, as I have a family to feed and cars to gas up.

Dink

·
Registered
709 Posts
In no way is this too expensive for me, but I would rather go with a brand for the same amount of money ( Cusco). Not all owners will be willing to spend alot of money on their cube, being it is a cheap car. I am going to make mine a car that can be shown as well. Where is the history of the part and the skills you have aquired? Not trying to degrade your part at all, it looks like a quality piece but just want to make sure for all of us here

·
Registered
156 Posts
Wow, that really looks like a good solid piece Dink.

That is one mod I'd like to have on my Cube. How hard would it be to install?

And for the haterz, I'd like to say that most every aftermarket performance part manufacturer out there started off as a little one man business making very high quality parts.

The performance aftermarket for the Cube is going to be small enough as it is, lets please not try to turn away people who try to serve our community.

·
Registered
709 Posts
ewraven said:
Wow, that really looks like a good solid piece Dink.

That is one mod I'd like to have on my Cube. How hard would it be to install?

And for the haterz, I'd like to say that most every aftermarket performance part manufacturer out there started off as a little one man business making very high quality parts.

The performance aftermarket for the Cube is going to be small enough as it is, lets please not try to turn away people who try to serve our community.
If your refering to my post, please dont be pointing fingers. I simply had the best interest of every cube owner on this forum, meaning he needed to state his prior experience and knowledge of his craft to re-enforce his parts in which he did to the fullest. I am in no way new to forums at all, and with the creation of something new, it needed to be proven. Thanks.

And to Dink's part - I will be getting one in the near future .

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The bar will come with detailed instructions for install which is very easy. The install will require a 13mm socket with a short extension to remove and reinstall the 2 bolts on each side, a pair of wire cutters to cut and remove 2 black plastic wire ties which are replaced in the kit with direction on how tho change the route the wiring harness takes. Aside from those 2 tools you will need nothing else. All said and done it should take 10 minutes tops to install.

Dink

·
Registered
156 Posts
Neat, that is really easy then. I'll have to think about getting in on that group buy. I'll give an answer soon. It has been a slightly expensive month. lol

·
Registered
150 Posts
Here Is My Motto
It ain't modifying if it just bolts on! I like dealing with start up companies. When I showed My Box it was more interesting when people asked oh what company made that.

Good Luck on the endeavor. If you powdered coated in Blue I would so buy one.

·
2,084 Posts
I see both sides 1HotCubes and Dinks.

My thing is by the pictures this is single welded not double welded, over time and flexion this appears to be susceptible to weld failure. In an area where flexion is an issue double welding is key. Some performance mod items go so far as to triple weld and grind down the weld to make it smoother than the rolled nickels look.

Also agreed that this is an extremely low performance vehicle, so is this needed? My Honda Fit will blow the doors off my Cube and it is only 109 Hp VS 120Hp for the Cube. I do not have a strut bar on my Fit either, but it is lowered :yes:

Sorry just my $0.02

Christine ;)

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
momzbox said:
Here Is My Motto
It ain't modifying if it just bolts on! I like dealing with start up companies. When I showed My Box it was more interesting when people asked oh what company made that.

I can match it to your Cue if you like. I am taking color samples over to the Nissan dealer this weekend to make the final powder selection to cover al of the available 09 Cube and Versa colors.

Dink

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ChristineK said:
I see both sides 1HotCubes and Dinks.

My thing is by the pictures this is single welded not double welded, over time and flexion this appears to be susceptible to weld failure. In an area where flexion is an issue double welding is key. Some performance mod items go so far as to triple weld and grind down the weld to make it smoother than the rolled nickels look.

Also agreed that this is an extremely low performance vehicle, so is this needed? My Honda Fit will blow the doors off my Cube and it is only 109 Hp VS 120Hp for the Cube. I do not have a strut bar on my Fit either, but it is lowered :yes:

Sorry just my $0.02

Christine ;)
This is TIG welded Chromoly tubing just like a NHRA roll cage. My fabricator builds race car chassis and does custom cages. Check out some of his work at <ADMIN EDIT: Comercial link removed>

Dink

·
Registered
150 Posts
dink74 said:
momzbox said:
Here Is My Motto

I can match it to your Cue if you like. I am taking color samples over to the Nissan dealer this weekend to make the final powder selection to cover al of the available 09 Cube and Versa colors.

Dink
Dude that is so cool. You let me know when you r ready and I will sport it. I have a show coming up on Aug. 1 no pressure. LOL Seriously when u r ready message me.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I didn't buy my cube for its sports car handling ;) but it's fun and I do plan on keeping it for many years to ultimately pass onto my son as his first car. With that in mind if the brace will reduce potential front end squeaks and rattles due to our bumpy streets, I'll be a happy camper.

Mark me down for one in scarlet red.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts