Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone happen to know what the front strut bolts need to be torqued to? I'm trying to install my front strut bar.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I don't know what the torque specs are, but I just tightened mine up til they felt about the same as the original bolts that were in them. I just installed the tanabe strut bar yesterday. How do you like yours so far?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Same thing goes here. I also tightened mine until it fits like the original bolt and after that, I tried to install this struts and it works for me. Hope it will for you too.

·
Registered
150 Posts
there is no need to have a specific torque rating for those.. just get them on there tight

·
Registered
464 Posts
Has anyone installed the new rear strut bar??? the Ultra Racing Rear Strut Bar for the Nissan Cube, if so any difference in the ride???

·
Registered
150 Posts
TropicalCube said:
Has anyone installed the new rear strut bar??? the Ultra Racing Rear Strut Bar for the Nissan Cube, if so any difference in the ride???
you wont notice a difference in ride with the front and rear strut bars.. all the bars do is reduce body flex and creat chasis stiffness.. you as the driver will never notice the effects of these parts, UNLESS your a professional race car driver and take it to the track. it honestly has to be a dam race car and driven hard all the dam time to even remotely see a difference by adding those strut bars.. that is why im not spending my money on that for a CUBE.

since the parts technically have nothing to do really with your suspension you wont notice a stiffness in ride. some people say the notice a difference but personally i have never noticed a thing especially in my nearly 600hp single turboed 2jz toyota supra! its all in a lot of peoples heads... wow was that a rant? my bad lol

·
Registered
464 Posts
Thanks for the very honest answer, I don't consider that a rant more like the facts and honesty. You just saved me a few bucks there... thanks...really appreciate it.....

·
Registered
261 Posts
I will be installing sway bars as well as the strut bars. Do they help the ride in a way I'll notice? Maybe, maybe not. Do I want them anyway? Heck yeah! Despite my having had many different vehicles in the past, none of them have made me want to do things to them the way the cube does. I'm actually spending the money to have all 4 pieces powder coated in an identical to the grill "Chrysler Hemi Orange", which is also the color of my seat covers. Why? Because it makes me smile!

·
Registered
464 Posts
The Cube seems to do that to people...(spend money on things to make it more personal)..... I know fo me I have never put so many things on a car before owning my Cube. It is fun and it does make me smile too.... I am always seeking out what to do next to my Cube.... so far: custom wheels/tires..(17"s on XXR) checker side stripes, Hawaiian Print head rest, tinted front side windows, wind deflectors from Nissan, interior led lights, chrome turn signal lights front and back, ATI grille, eye lids..(still waiting to get back from the painter) custom exhaust, K&N Air Filter, tow hitch used for a bike rack, kayak rack, numerous stickers I keep changing, on order: shorty antenna, Hawaiian decals for back window, LED light for antenna (will take photos if it works out) thinking of getting a polished custom battery tie down. ... don't know what is next but will keep you posted.... was thinking of the strut bars but my budget is limited.... on a fixed income.... :yes:

·
Registered
150 Posts
pixiedrea said:
I will be installing sway bars as well as the strut bars. Do they help the ride in a way I'll notice? Maybe, maybe not. Do I want them anyway? Heck yeah! Despite my having had many different vehicles in the past, none of them have made me want to do things to them the way the cube does. I'm actually spending the money to have all 4 pieces powder coated in an identical to the grill "Chrysler Hemi Orange", which is also the color of my seat covers. Why? Because it makes me smile!
you can definently notice a difference with beefier sway bars! they help limit how much body roll you get through a turn.. thats an actual worth while investment!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts