Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wonder if some kind person here could help me ?

I'm researching a new car and a frequent front seat passenger has mobility issues, struggles to get into my current car due to the front seat being too low. I know she used to get on well with a Nissan cube as a driver, so I'm hoping someone here can measure the seat height for me ? Say from the middle of the seat-edge down to road level.

Much appreciated if you could.

Thanks, Andy

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi. It's about 26.5 - 27 inches from the ground. Not sure this will help very much as the driver's seat can be adjusted up/down but I did try to measure both driver's and passengers' seats to the ground. I believe that many people with mobility/strength issues getting in and out of cars tend to find it easier with the smaller SUVs so that they can sit and swing their legs in easier.

·
Registered
6 Posts

I'm researching a new car and a frequent front seat passenger has mobility issues, struggles to get into my current car due to the front seat being too low. I know she used to get on well with a Nissan cube as a driver, so I'm hoping someone here can measure the seat height for me ? Say from the middle of the seat-edge down to road level.

Thanks, Andy
Not a new car sold that matches the door opening and seat placement/height. Why I bought mine with a family member having mobility issues. Search for a low-mile Cube. And save the new car depreciation!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you both, @MizScarlet that's close to what I figured out from pictures and diagrams ... I thought about 25 inches, so thanks. Were you suggesting that small SUV's might be an improvement on the Juke ? ... that's what I'm planning on getting.

@Bobo2011 Thanks, I was just looking for a comparison. I knew my present car was below optimal height and I wanted to go higher but not necessarily as high as the Cube ... and certainly no higher. I'm getting the feeling that a small SUV is going to be ideal.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thank you both, @MizScarlet that's close to what I figured out from pictures and diagrams ... I thought about 25 inches, so thanks. Were you suggesting that small SUV's might be an improvement on the Juke ? ... that's what I'm planning on getting.

@Bobo2011 Thanks, I was just looking for a comparison. I knew my present car was below optimal height and I wanted to go higher but not necessarily as high as the Cube ... and certainly no higher. I'm getting the feeling that a small SUV is going to be ideal.
Hi - The Juke is generally about the size and style that I was referring to. Like I mentioned, if they have issues, they often find it easier to have a seat that they are almost even with as they don't have the core strength for getting in and out of lower profile vehicles. Good luck.

·
Registered
15 Posts

Thanks, Andy
This is an excellent car for those with mobility issues, I will measure the seat height on my passenger seat and get back to you. In my opinion, the seats are quite nice because you don't have to get down or climb out to sit, it's really quite ergonomic.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts