Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did my first oil change on my Cube today and installed a Fumoto valve in the drain plug. Almost can't wait for the 2nd oil change. Should be able to do it without jacking it up now.

·
2,084 Posts
Never hearing of it before I googled it. Nice, I like it! I would want to see the angle of approach and ease of valve opening. Would suck to hit a tree brach or something under the car and not know now you are out of oil and driving along happy.

Nissan would not cover such an event.

·
Registered
277 Posts
had one on my rsx. i always worried about it ripping off, but it never did, even when i was lowered

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No, it isn't the n-version. That would stick down quite a bit. The toggle to drain the oil needs to be pushed and then turned 90 degrees to drain the oil, a branch could not do that. This is my 3rd valve and I swear by them. Much easier to change the oil while hot and not spill a drop, unless you bump the container you are draining your oil into with your elbow.

·
Registered
277 Posts
did you buy the "F-103 regular valve"? im probably gonna order soon

also, i went to Wal Mart to check out the oil filters (SuperTech) and they didnt have the cube on the selection, so i looked at the Versa filter. Man, it was a dinky filter in height, like 1/2 the size of the honda filters i used on my RSX. is the oem Nissan filter that tiny as well?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yep, F-103 Regular valve. Tell me about that filter. The OEM is a bit smaller than the one on it from the factory and looks like a very small can of vienna sausages. TINY!!!! I know they have come down a bit in size over the years, but, man is that small. It's about half the size of the filter on my 4Runner.

·
Registered
686 Posts
I just ordered a Fumoto valve. Should I use the fiber gasket that comes with it or buy a metal crimp gasket from Nissan, or a nylon one from an auto parts store?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I used the fiber gasket that came with the valve on all three vehicles I have installed a fumoto valve on. No leaks so far in over 4 years on any of them. Good luck.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts